Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me a list of price-reasonable engine mods / tunes I could get to make my 95 gt faster than a lightly modded srt4

·
Banned
422 Posts
What are you looking to spend? The best way to make power is a heads, cam and intake swap. The 94-95 computers dont respond as well to mods like that so you may also need to factor a tune into your budget

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I've never ran one on a track, so idk times. I'm just tired of having these things fly by me on the street haha. + my transmission is going bad, and I've been looking at getting it swapped from auto to stick

·
Registered
787 Posts
And I've never ran one on a track, so idk times. I'm just tired of having these things fly by me on the street haha. + my transmission is going bad, and I've been looking at getting it swapped from auto to stick
Are u looking for 1/4 speed or just hp to pull hard on a highway if needed ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not looking for a street race build, alls I know is my friend has one that's all stock and we made plans this summer to put them on a track and see how they'd do and I wanna be able to beat him lol. I had messed around with some before on the highway and I just get annhilated pretty much hah. I have some bolt on's and a 3.73 gear, I was just looking into going in a bit deeper and putting some actual money in my car

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
for starters then i'd look into a pi swap...best bang for the buck when it comes to working on an sn95

·
Banned
422 Posts
I wouldnt be adding more power if your trans is already taking a dump. Spend that money on your transmission first and just let the srt4 guy go for now, you have already won the war in my opinion. I dont care how fast it is or how many letters and numbers are on the end of it, its still a dodge neon and looks extremely girly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lmao that's what I say, and every time I see one, I always say "you have a pretty Plymouth there" and it gets them ticked off a bit haha. I just wanna be able to give them a run for their money

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
in that case good luck OP...there's gonna be an even bigger difference in your power levels, but with enough cash you can do it

·
Banned
422 Posts
A good h/c/i kit for a 5.0 will run about 2500 or so with new parts. Look around and see what you can find. My cousin picked up a b303 cam with 50 miles on it for $50 and i got a gt40 upper and lower for 120

1 - 20 of 24 Posts