Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Sharum, it would help show our cars here if we could post pictures :D Hey, you guys been busy in here, coooool...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The two other Cobra Rs are on the way from Oklahoma City by Parcel post, the guy was too cheap to send them by priority mail, but they should be here by Thursday or Friday, and I will get them on this weekend in time for the trip up to Maryland on Monday for the IRS swap, the bushings are on the way from MM and should all be here in time for the trip, I had to have the last set sent by 3 day air cause I put it off til the last min and it takes a while to get UPS ground all the way from CA. I will post new pics when I get the new rims on and hopefully some of the IRS swap in progress if I can get into the service area with my camera at all. LOL.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Charles! I want to see pics of that 66 Mustang, been a long time since I parted with my 64 !/2 Vert and my 65 2+2, wish I had them back now, whew, those girls would be worth some nice change now! :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Rick,

1 question with the IRS...will you need to modify your exhaust any, since the Cobras mostly wrap around the IRS to accomidate for the slight rear adjustment?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I loose my nice Magnaflow Catback in the swap, I am going to pick up an FMS Cobra 3" IRS catback soon. I will use his stock Cobra catback in the meantime. The Cobra IRS catback goes underneath the rear end I believe, not over it. :shock:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey what are you going to do with your magnaflow catback. want to sell. pm me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice car man.

·
Registered
219 Posts
it's not easy to get a set of rims. Not very cheap

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Magnaflow Catback goes to the guy with the 03 Cobra, I just ordered an FMS Cobra 3" catback for my GT, with the IRS rear end I have to have a catback that goes under the rear end. Sorry, I wish I could have sold it, but that was part of the deal.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and my other 2 Cobra R rims are in the mail, should arrive tommorrow or Friday, were sent Monday parcel post from Oklahoma City, I sold my Bullitts already.

·
Registered
219 Posts
well that woudl have been nice to get the catback. But it's cool i understand. I have a guestion. why do you want to go with the irs?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Better handling, I wanted a 99 Cobra, but backed out because of a sales manager trying to change the deal at the last min. and worrys over the insurance costs. I have my hp about to 99-01 Cobra levels now, all I need is the IRS, and just have to pay GT insurance, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want a good handling, fast street car, I am not into drag racing, I am 53 years old, dont' want to tear my ride up, I just like to enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the other two Cobra Rs today! Had them mounted and balanced and put them on, as you can see they are obviously AFS wheels like the other 2, from looking at these used ones I can see that AFS don't have the quality I had hoped they did, the chrome is apparently pretty cheap, sort of wish I had gotten polished or powder coated or OEM if I were going chrome. :(

·
Registered
800 Posts
Those rims look fine to me...I dont see the problem from the pics you posted? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They look ok, its when you look at them close up that you can see the quality is lacking and the chrome is starting to peel off the two used ones. They still are nice looking rims, don't get me wrong, just not high quality.

·
Registered
800 Posts
peeling off I could see why you would be upset...but again they are after market rims, so the quality isnt qwite there...

all you need now is a DOHC and you will be right there with a Cobra Cam... ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks awesome man.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drives really nice with the IRS in guys! I drove it back from Gaithersburg Md, took me like 5 hours or so, might have been faster but I seem to have taken the long way around DC on the beltway, oh well, nice side trip, if the weather were bettter I might have taken a sight seeing side trip through Pennsylvania Av. LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts