Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to the car wash today for a nice, professional hand wash and as it was sitting in line a kid who worked there accidentally backed into it and hit it with his trailer hitch. It sounds a lot worse than it was but the lower front valance was wounded in the air inlet below the grill. I am just thankful because it *should* have been a lot worse. By the grace of the divine it wasn't too badly hurt. Rather than get police and insurance involved, he just paid me out of pocket and we called it a day. Now I'm looking at a new chin spoiler. I really like the CDC chin spoiler and like even more that I can add the RTR splitter at a later date through Stage 3 Motorsport. What do you guys think? I'm on a $250 budget.

Damage:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Took my car to the car wash today for a nice, professional hand wash and as it was sitting in line a kid who worked there accidentally backed into it and hit it with his trailer hitch. It sounds a lot worse than it was but the lower front valance was wounded in the air inlet below the grill. I am just thankful because it *should* have been a lot worse. By the grace of the divine it wasn't too badly hurt. Rather than get police and insurance involved, he just paid me out of pocket and we called it a day. Now I'm looking at a new chin spoiler. I really like the CDC chin spoiler and like even more that I can add the RTR splitter at a later date through Stage 3 Motorsport. What do you guys think? I'm on a $250 budget.

Damage:
That sucks, lucky for u it was bad at all! I'm surprised with damage that small, they were willing to pay u up front... Most ppl who don't care much for cars wouldn't agree to that for something (in their eyes) minimal. U have a pic that's further away?? I'm guessing u have a regular GT valence??

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
that really sucks. I vote the CS front valence without the fogs if your budget is 250.

I have the one with the foglights and by far is my favorite, plus you can add the boss splitter later.

·
Registered
679 Posts

Damage:
Kill mode engage

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was definitely furious, but I kept my cool....barely.

GtStyles2, at first it was just an I'm sorry that eventually worked it's way up to $. And yeah, I have the GT valance.

NoSympathy, I looked at the C/S style valance. It definitely looks enticing. Would you mind posting up some pics of your car? I didn't find any albums in your profile.

MustangGT02 and SoCalKev, I was so angry that if that kid hadn't walked away (after a profuse yet futile apology), that I was probably going to lose my cool and say some really awful things. I was talking to my guy that I have a nice car cleaning arrangement with because he drives an '04 GT (that, ironically, looks almost identical to MustangGT02's 'stang). I was talking to him about window tint when he cuts me off mid-sentence, bellowing "Uuugh!" He proceeds to storm off in the direction of the hand wash area. I thought to myself that that was kind of rude but hung back until I realized that he and several others were crouching down to look at something on the front of *my* car. At that moment, my heart stopped and all the color drained from my face. I hurried over with my breath caught in my throat and I was truly prepared for the worst. I think I may have reacted a little worse than I remember but come to find out that it was really just a scratch. Plus my car wash guy took extra, Extra special care of my car and then the lady in charge comped the wash. So all in all it wasn't a bad day, really. But yeah, I had to force back the urge to engage Kill Mode lol.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Damage:
Sorry about your car.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I was definitely furious, but I kept my cool....barely.

GtStyles2, at first it was just an I'm sorry that eventually worked it's way up to $. And yeah, I have the GT valance.

NoSympathy, I looked at the C/S style valance. It definitely looks enticing. Would you mind posting up some pics of your car? I didn't find any albums in your profile.

MustangGT02 and SoCalKev, I was so angry that if that kid hadn't walked away (after a profuse yet futile apology), that I was probably going to lose my cool and say some really awful things. I was talking to my guy that I have a nice car cleaning arrangement with because he drives an '04 GT (that, ironically, looks almost identical to MustangGT02's 'stang). I was talking to him about window tint when he cuts me off mid-sentence, bellowing "Uuugh!" He proceeds to storm off in the direction of the hand wash area. I thought to myself that that was kind of rude but hung back until I realized that he and several others were crouching down to look at something on the front of *my* car. At that moment, my heart stopped and all the color drained from my face. I hurried over with my breath caught in my throat and I was truly prepared for the worst. I think I may have reacted a little worse than I remember but come to find out that it was really just a scratch. Plus my car wash guy took extra, Extra special care of my car and then the lady in charge comped the wash. So all in all it wasn't a bad day, really. But yeah, I had to force back the urge to engage Kill Mode lol.
I will take you some pictures tomorrow that show it off really well. It is past midnight and dark as all get out, outside. I do also have the boss splitter, so you'll be able to see the combo together.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NoSympathy, I really appreciate it bud. Looking forward to seeing it.

CheelyB09, thank you for the kind words.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would've gone kill mode before he opened his mouth.
Lol nah, I didn't wanna make a big ol' scene. Besides, it woulda been assault on a minor lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good and bad day all in one! The Stage 3 guys are great. Call them and ask them to talk to you about your options. This has nothing to do with the fact I'm wearing a Stage 3 shirt at this very moment ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after thinking really hard about this I have decided that I want to go with the unpainted CDC Chin Spoiler. My biggest deciding factor is that I really want some RTR components on my car, namely the front splitter. I can get just the splitter through Stage 3 Motorsport at a later date.
While the Boss front valance is breath taking, and I was very close to buying it, I've just decided that the CDC is what I want at this time. I really want to thank all of you for your input, however. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts