Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no leak in the system, I have blead every line and no air is coming out, i've inspected all lines front to back, no leaks, but the system does not build pressure,

* Important Note * the Pedal does get pressure way down low, but does not sink! But pumping the pedal up does not build up pressure to a nice pedal height.

This is a 69 Mustang that originally had four wheel drum brakes. I've put a disk brake conversion on the front, the kit supplied a brake booster, master cylinder, front calipers, pads and rotors, I used the existing proportioning valve, and thus all other parts.

* Another Important Note * the car has sat now for 9 years, and the system was barely ever used.

Could the Master Cylinder be the problem? Thoughts!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
look on the top of your brake pedal for adjustment, you can change the length of pedal travel by adjusting into another hole if it's like a chevy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, the master cylinder could need to be bench bled.

What's more likely, though, is that the rear brake shoes are not adjusted close enough to the drum. It takes a lot of brake pedal travel to make up distance to the drums. Once the shoes meet the drum, you will have a solid pedal.

Either that or the calipers aren't sliding on their guides. Same symptoms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Or are you pumping the system?

Did you bleed the master on the bench before installing it to the car?

What you should do is use a vaccum bleeder. this will solve all your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts