Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was tuning over fine wasn't sluggish or anything an it wouldnt catch so i stop turn the key back to start and nothing happened it just clicks once ? What could cause this? Iv bypassed the n.s.s. and iv charged my battery still nothing. Iv even taped on the starter with a hammer still nothing im confused

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It was tuning over fine wasn't sluggish or anything an it wouldnt catch so i stop turn the key back to start and nothing happened it just clicks once ? What could cause this? Iv bypassed the n.s.s. and iv charged my battery still nothing. Iv even taped on the starter with a hammer still nothing im confused
Is it an auto?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yes. A 200 l6 with a c4
My sons 67 does that sometimes. It is dead but if you push forward a little on the shifter it will start or it will start in neutral. The neutral switch needs to be adjusted or replaced, I haven't had time to check yet. Try putting it in neutral and see if it starts.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have the n.s.s hooked up i bypassed it i got a new wiring harness and found out that it was broken and i havent had the cash to get a new one yet so i know the n.s.s isnt the problem

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I dont have the n.s.s hooked up i bypassed it i got a new wiring harness and found out that it was broken and i havent had the cash to get a new one yet so i know the n.s.s isnt the problem
Do any other items work, lights, radio, horn, etc?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Start even more basic. If the battery voltage is good with a voltmeter from pos to neg post, then check voltage drop on each terminal. Check the voltage from each post to the corresponding terminal. If you show voltage it means you have high resistance due to dirty or bad connections. Try cleaning them. You can have enough juice to turn things on but not start the car

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noticed it was lose i used self drilling screws and i over tightened them and stripped it i guess i just moved it over a little ad drilled new holes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts