Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I think I've decided how my car is going to come along. Hopefully most of this will be done pretty soon, what with Christmas and all.

Black hood scoop
Black hood decal, similar to Mach 1
Cut C Springs
GT Takeoff exhaust

that's mostly what is comin for sure, soon.

Then I will get an 01+ or some other spoiler, painted black. I have the 99 spoiler, which comes down on both sides to meet the body of the car, and that painted black would not be attractive.

Then after the spoiler I'm looking at a chin spoiler and grill delete.

So, any opinions/ideas? Input appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
first of all :cry:
and second, i think you should have the scoop chopped on your car so u can see, how it would really look, because i dont think it will be pretty

·
Registered
126 Posts
every one has there style however i would recomend checking other options before major changes... thats beter than the guy with the spoiler on his hood. :D the only thing is its hard to get the full mach 1 look without the shaker hood. your on the right track though. and if you can find them get some compressor clamps for your springs it wont bounce as much as cut springs. these are cheap too probably 5 a corner. hard to find but my friends got theres at a construction company.. worked well

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know, as odd as it sounds, I wasn't really planning on the mach 1 thing. then it just all kinda fell into place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol i did that too... it sounded so different untill someone showed me the truth. i still like the idea i just cannt do the black painted odds and ends. :cry:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm...

what does anybody think about just the top of my current spoiler being painted black?

I'll have to get some pics I can PS with...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Could I not convince you of this hood? I just don't like the idea of the already tacked on hood scoop looking like it was tacked on without being painted.

By the way, if your already going for the Mach 1 look, why not look at one of those CDC Side Exhaust systems?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that's the thing, I wasn't planning on the mach 1 look.

I just noticed that it was the same almost like 2 days ago, lol.

I have GT takeoffs on their way almost anyways.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
that hood you posted, dom, looks far to much like a camaro SS hood... but its nice other wise, he is getting the scoop from me since I have no need for it anymore which made the other items fall into place. I think you guys will like the end results, not alot of black, just enough to alter the cars looks a little bit.

I would also think the s281 saleen wing would fit nicly just painted white with the black scoop (flat black, not shinny everyone)

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Dom said:
Could I not convince you of this hood? I just don't like the idea of the already tacked on hood scoop looking like it was tacked on without being painted.

By the way, if your already going for the Mach 1 look, why not look at one of those CDC Side Exhaust systems?

eww that hood is hideous :cry:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts