Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2003 Mustang GT with a 5 speed stick. And driving down the road if I'm at maybe 3,000 rpms you could hear what I believe it's the flywheel making noise.... It doesn't sound good, (Almost like a sword being sharpened sound). And after taking off quick the clutch pedal feels really soft, then normal about half way into pressing down. And when I switch gears it's not smooth as butter anymore. Will replacing the clutch, throw out bearings, and roller pivot bearings fix this? By the way, the car has 92,000 miles on it

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, and from the description you just wrote about how you drive if you want the clutch to last longer this time do not dump the clutch from the start. let it out normal and once the clutch is all the way out then use the power of the gears to accelerate. Do not slip the clutch from a standing start, instead roll the power on from a 10 mile an hour position and shift through the gears, without slipping the clutch. You can get twice the mileage of a clutch if you do not abuse it. That spngy feeling is your clutch getting ready ro self destruct. I suggest you rebuild it sooner, not later, the throw out bearing is on its way south.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts