Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im currently looking at a 2011 mustang GT yellow blaze tri coat. It's a nice car the only thing is that there seems to be an issue with the my color system. Say the custom color chosen is purple. When the car is in accessory the lights on the dash are all purple, but when the car is then started and running, one of the gages (Fuel gage in this instance) turns from purple to red. While the rest of the gages in the car stay the programmed color of purple. If the car is then turned off the gage returns to the programmed color of purple. Has anyone run into these issues? I currently have the dealer looking into it before I purchase the car but just wanted to see if this is a known issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was on empty when I was test driving it, The would be pretty funny if that all it was and no one at the ford dealership knew! The reason I was concerned is because I saw a youtube video once where the voltage gage was red and the rest didn't change colors but that could be because maybe his voltage was low?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It was on empty when I was test driving it, The would be pretty funny if that all it was and no one at the ford dealership knew! The reason I was concerned is because I saw a youtube video once where the voltage gage was red and the rest didn't change colors but that could be because maybe his voltage was low?

Yea. Go find that video and I bet it was low. They turn red when they really need your attention.

Nothing wrong with the cluster!

Instagram: @v6beast

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Turn red with low fuel, but, also, fyi:
There have been a few issues with MyColor not changing/keeping their colors properly.
(ie: passenger side would be /change to a different color than the driver side, or different than chosen)
(People were pretty much stuck with it.)

Sent from my iPhone 7+

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
(i lost all the threads on here i had saved, so, if i can find it again, i will add it here) :)

Sent from my iPhone 7+

·
Registered
900 Posts
Is the fuel on Empty? It turns red when you're reaching close to 0 miles to E.

Instagram: @v6beast
No kidding? My color is always red so 4 years of ownership and this I did not know!!! :facepalm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts