Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 mustang gt convertible about 2 months ago. It rained last week and I noticed that there was a small puddle of water in the pouch behind my back seat. I looked for holes in the top and couldnt find any. When it rained again last night I went in my car and noticed that on each corner below the back window of convertible top there was a small stream of water making its way through. Today when I checked again I noticed that the actual cloth material and the window had separated very slightly, in the bottom corners, but enough to cause a problem. Is there a type of sealant I can use to fix this or do I have to go buy a whole new top because of it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might be able to fix it yourself, and make a mess of it if you do it wrong. Check around your area for a shop that does convertible tops. Many service managers at car dealers will know where to find one, because that's where they send their work. Get it done professionally, and it will look like the day it came from the factory. And you'll have someone to take it back to should you ever have problems with it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts