Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this 97 cobra the owner let me know that the e brake doesnt work and he's not sure why. Does anybody have an idea on whats wrong or how i can get it fixed? I want to fix this asap because my car is a manual transmission and i live in a really hilly area.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Check directly above the driveshaft. The cable runs along the floorboard and splits into two with an adjuster/connector there.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
You're not giving us much to work with. Jack up the car and have a look. You'll see the cable coming out of.the flooboard by the trans. Just follow it back to the rear wheels, checking for anything missing or broken. It may just be out of adjustment.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're not giving us much to work with. Jack up the car and have a look. You'll see the cable coming out of.the flooboard by the trans. Just follow it back to the rear wheels, checking for anything missing or broken. It may just be out of adjustment.
Thanks to both but i dont know much about it, i basically told you what the owner told me, if it helps any the e brake just flops. It stays in place it just doesnt do any "emergency breaking" haha

·
Registered
396 Posts
Maybe this will further help.

You'll have to remove the center console to get to it, but the e brake lever is attach to a ratchet bracket that's riveted/bolted to the drive shaft tunnel. That bracket may be broken off/come off one way or another.

a simple trip to Lowe's in the bolt and nut isle should fix this. You need a bolt(long enough for the length needed), a nut, and one or two washers to sandwich on the top and bottom. If in fact this is the case, this should facilitate the fix.

Hope all this info helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe this will further help.

You'll have to remove the center console to get to it, but the e brake lever is attach to a ratchet bracket that's riveted/bolted to the drive shaft tunnel. That bracket may be broken off/come off one way or another.

a simple trip to Lowe's in the bolt and nut isle should fix this. You need a bolt(long enough for the length needed), a nut, and one or two washers to sandwich on the top and bottom. If in fact this is the case, this should facilitate the fix.

Hope all this info helps.
Sweet thanks man. I will try this

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I found out when my fan switch burnt up and they fixed it for free at the dealer cause there was a recall on that too lol
Lol. Must feel good walking out of there with your money still in your pocket.

Just an update to the thread, i raised my car and noticed the front e brake cable was snapped off, switched it with a mew one and works perfect now. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts