Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its finally done. i finally broke down and stopped sanding and got some vinyl quotes, got a good 9X4' piece for about 40 bucks and some glue. stretched that sucker on and by the time i was finished UPS comes down my street with the amp, couldnt be more of a perfect timing.

hook everything up, put on some Devils Night and let er rip. sounds very tight and low like i like it. heres some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the amp comes with built in neons, plus i might add the neon speaker rings whenever i see them next time. i love it. i was parked in front of our huka bar waiting for a table tonight and all these assyrian dudes noticed it(top was up and it was off, they mustve noticed the chrome) and came over and were like "dam thats hecka sick how much was that?" and i was like "around 500 total for everything" and they were asking me how much it would cost for me to do that to their explorer that was in front of me. i think ill start taking orders on these things, custom jobs i could charge about 1000 for and more depending on size. im gonna do my cousins hardtop eclipse GS when he gets some speakers, he wants is vinyl like mine so thatll be easy and ill charge him like 200 just cause i can do the mold in an hour and work on it whenever i feel like.

·
Banned
321 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
yeah the amp comes with built in neons, plus i might add the neon speaker rings whenever i see them next time. i love it. i was parked in front of our huka bar waiting for a table tonight and all these assyrian dudes noticed it(top was up and it was off, they mustve noticed the chrome) and came over and were like "dam thats hecka sick how much was that?" and i was like "around 500 total for everything" and they were asking me how much it would cost for me to do that to their explorer that was in front of me. i think ill start taking orders on these things, custom jobs i could charge about 1000 for and more depending on size. im gonna do my cousins hardtop eclipse GS when he gets some speakers, he wants is vinyl like mine so thatll be easy and ill charge him like 200 just cause i can do the mold in an hour and work on it whenever i feel like.
Sound like a good idea... If you get enough people wanting you to make boxes, that would be some very nice change to line your pockets with.

·
Registered
800 Posts
do you have any pics of the entire process, like with the molding and then applying the vinyl?

looks very sharp and creative I must say, good job!

its great having people notice your work afterwardsisntit, thats how you know all your efforts paid off!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Looks good man..just keep in mind that everyone that looks at it sees the speakers and amp...and you have a conv...I'd invest in one bad ass alarm system with motion sensors and pager service...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I think it looks nice, how long did it take you from start to finish?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the alarm comes in next week, 350 and has a motion sensor on the inside so if someone rips the top and stick their hands in it goes off. also i was thinking since i can now fiberglass, i can make a removeable hardtop like the miatas have. itd be a longshot but dam sweet if i could pull it off.

and from the start to finish working on it maybe a hour or two a day its taken me a month. i start my cousins project in 2 weeks and that will also have full coverage pics, im going to do his whole rear hatch of his eclipse with 2 alpine typeR 12's and 2 MTX thunder amps.

the vinyl was by far the easiest part of the build. i just used this adhesive that the vinyl shop had and worked my way from the middle(amp spot) outward, sprayed a few inches, applied pressure, then moved on, stretching it as much as i could as i went. the excess was folded under the enclosure and stapled into the backsides.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
awesome. for real, do this as a service. you could make money. in fact, i'll hire you to do my mustang next year :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Id scrap the idea of a removeable hardtop. I'm very good with fiberglass, and i dont even wanna consider tryin to make a hardtop. The forces and pressures put on the car at high speeds are immense, and the last thing you need is to be responsible for your convertible top flying off and going through somebody windshield. The custom box looks pretty sweet though.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Awesome job

1 - 20 of 23 Posts