Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After many years of waiting and wanting and just all around just waffling around in a sea of non-direction I broke down and bought a new car...

I am a long time GM guy... forgive me, never considered a Ford before, just not in my DNA I guess. My grandmother and my Dad and much of my extended family worked for GM, and I live in Flint MI, so go figure, I was a die hard GM fan. My neighbor is actually the UAW President for about 6 plants, so GM is almost literally in the earth under my feet I have owned many Buicks (again thanks to living in Flint) several Pontiacs and a 2 Chevrolets.

Long story short, I visited a friend in FL, (he is a member here ScottMoyer) and He had his son let me drive his 2014 Mustang GT. It was a nice car, was pretty quick, After the drive he told me that the local dealership had supercharged 2017's that they would let you drive. They had one auto, one manual.

The next day, After dropping my wife off at the mall, I went to the dealer with no intent of actually purchasing a car. When we got there it started to rain, so there was not much else to do but to chat, look at brochures and sit in some cars inside the dealership. When the rain let up a little we ran out to some cars and I sat in those, and I was impressed from the first sitting, it was much more comfortable than I expected.. We met up with a salesman and walked the lot looking at different colors, different options etc. We meandered back to the supercharged demo cars and he asked if I wanted to drive one, and I said "sure" besides Why wouldn't I?

The trip around the block in the automatic was shear exhilaration, I was so impressed with the Mustang Manners. It was fast but it was manageable, I knew the car could turn sideways at any moment, but it went where I pointed it and I had no problems with it getting away from me. I got out of the car and I told my son "Daddy Likes" Then we took the manual around the block, I was not quite refined as I would have liked to be with the 6 speed, but it was fun too...

At dinner I talked with my wife and told her that she needed to take a drive, so the next day we went back and she took them around the block. The smile on her face was all I could see when she got out of the drivers seat.

We went in and priced out a 2017 with everything I wanted on it, but I was not really sure about buying a new car, as I knew the values drop almost immediately, it is kind of hard to take that kind of hit when you drop $50K+ on a car when you install the supercharger...

Scott, knowing I am a GM guy, said I had to at least sit in the new Camaro and tell him how horrible it was. So my wife and myself took the time to go to a Chevy dealer and we sat in a new Camaro. It was awful, my wife describes it as being "Claustrophobic" I describe it as placing a box on the floor, crawling in it and then looking through slits which are supposed to be windows. Then the seat squeezed my butt and my sides so hard that it left impressions... When someone mentioned that they couldn't see out of the back window, the salesman said, "If you get the seat just right you can see out of it... We shook the salesman's hands and walked out as fast as we walked in.

I liked the 2018's appearance updates and I wanted to see where the prices would be. That next Tuesday Ford released the 2018's prices and I learned It was going to be quite a bit more money than the 2017's so I was in a bit more of a pickle.

That Sunday I found a 2016 Mustang Roush Stage 3 in Chicago for an unbelievable price and it only had "26" miles on it. The dealer was closed, so I left a message, two emails and I chatted with the after hours online service twice, only to learn that they were closed on Sunday.

To say sleep was a distant dream Sunday to Monday morning would be an understatement. I had maybe 2 hours sleep, I tried everything from counting Mustangs to trying to convince myself to just sleep with no avail.

I got out of bed before 8:00 to call the dealership at 8:00 (7:00 Chicago time), only to realize that it was the service department that opened at 7:00, the sales floor opened at 9:00... So I had to wait another 2 hours...

Finally 10:00 (9:00 in Chicago) came around and I called, and no one answered... it was not until my 3rd call at 10:05 I got the salesman on the phone, I asked him what was up with the car and he told me nothing, the dealership purchased the car back in March, so 4 months are gone from the warranty, but it is a new car. I told him sold, I gave him $500 on the phone to hold the car until I could make it to Chicago...

Last Wednesday my wife and myself drove to Chicago and picked up this beauty... and it is fun....

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very nice...congrats! Now you need to start making changes to the car to personalize it. Recommend you get an oil catch can (JLT has one that is plug-n-play) and sign up for the Gray Mustang Registry.

SMR #8017

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Nice car. Any mods planned for it?
I see that Formula WS6 in the background. Got an 82 Trans Am at the shop right now.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil catch can is on my list of things to do. I looked at the instructions and not entirely sure how it works with the supercharger, the NA engines was different enough that I am not sure yet...

As for mods... The fist thing I did was change the brake pads to Powerstop Z26 ceramic-carbon fiber, because I got tired of cleaning my wheels just when I backed the car out of the garage. I really like the car the way it is, I ordered the Roush coil covers today, so that is my second thing, but I have no major plans right now... It is fast enough for me to really enjoy, so I am not sure what I would do in the speed department...

As for the Formula, it is for sale if anyone is looking... I have too many cars now...

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
So your car is the single adjustable suspension. I've heard good things about the 3 way adjustable suspension. You'll love it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So your car is the single adjustable suspension. I've heard good things about the 3 way adjustable suspension. You'll love it.

Pick your poison.
What is the difference? I am new.. Obviously 1 vs 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts