Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal this year is to redo the suspension on my car. I've read up a little bit on suspension but still have a few questions left

Like what shocks should I look at? I've heard alot of good on the Mach 1 Tockicos but having adjustables would be nice to change on the fly before racing. So, are the KYB AGX any good for the price they aare at?

I know for sure I am going to try and salvage a GT front strut bar and hopefully Cobra front and rear sway baars. If not, I'm sure the GT rear sway bar will do great. For springs, Ford Racing "C" Springs and also go with Ford on the tubular sub-frame connectors. The probally go with MAC on the caster/camber plates.

The last thing I wanna ask about is the control arms on the front and rear? Is that something I should look at?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Dom said:
My goal this year is to redo the suspension on my car. I've read up a little bit on suspension but still have a few questions left

Like what shocks should I look at? I've heard alot of good on the Mach 1 Tockicos but having adjustables would be nice to change on the fly before racing. So, are the KYB AGX any good for the price they aare at?

I know for sure I am going to try and salvage a GT front strut bar and hopefully Cobra front and rear sway baars. If not, I'm sure the GT rear sway bar will do great. For springs, Ford Racing "C" Springs and also go with Ford on the tubular sub-frame connectors. The probally go with MAC on the caster/camber plates.

The last thing I wanna ask about is the control arms on the front and rear? Is that something I should look at?
You wont need adjustables. Get some Tokico HP's with H&R Springs... 1.5" Drop

Get rear Lower Control arms

Camber Plates

GT Strut Tower brace

Rear Sway Bar

and you should be good on suspension

Tires help with traction so ditch your 15's and get 17"... expecially for autocrossing type racing. Much better traction

anymore questions?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if your are set on adjustable shocks get tokico illuminas, then get h&r sport springs and, mm castercamber plates. www.stangsuspension.com
defenitly get cobra front and rear bars, but i belive you need to watch out for the 98 model bars because they crack (not sure what year but i will check) www.midwestmustangs.net
you can get a strut tower brace from www.gefracing.com
as for the control arms, get those when you have traction issues because of mad power, a better investment would be a gears and t-lok

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
you will get 1.25" with c springs so .25 isnt going to make any difference.. you don't have to cut the springs with H&R

I have a 1.8" drop and dont have any problem making it in and out of driveways and there are some pretty step driveways and rough roads down here.

Its up to you but H&R is the way to go

Don't waste money on Adjustables just get the Tokico HP's and the rest I told you

You really dont need LCA's if you do everything else and feel you arent getting traction go for those

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I like my suspension a lot, I prefer Steeda and Eibach springs, but really think Steedas are better even though they are made by Eibach they are built to Steeda specs and I believe they are superior to Eibach, I have run both and currently have Steeda Cobra R rear springs and Eibach Cobra R front springs. Check my other suspension mods for lots of ideas. :) :D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking the Bullitt Suspension kit would be a good starting point. $380 isn't bad for springs, shocks, and front and rear sway bars. By the way, does anyone know what the sway bars are? (Like Cobra, ect.?)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Dom said:
I'm thinking the Bullitt Suspension kit would be a good starting point. $380 isn't bad for springs, shocks, and front and rear sway bars. By the way, does anyone know what the sway bars are? (Like Cobra, ect.?)
most likely they are the same sway bars that come on the Bullitt

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have Kenny Brown which suck ass as far as lowering, Koni shocks,GT Sway Bars, Kenny Brown strut tower brace,k- member brace, Full length subframe connectors, Maximum Motorsports lower control arms and urethane bushings throughout.

For 05 I want to add a Panhard bar and CC plates and new H&R springs.
After that is finished start engine mods "maybe haven't decided yet".

Matt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i doubt you will be happy with a steeda or c spring drop... you will want more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts