Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford mustang 3.8 v6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a miss in my 95 3.8 since replacing head gaskets. I've made a few bad decisions on my attempts to repair this vehicle. I've replaced oil pack after coil pack.i damaged the ignition module and got two different used modules. I replaced d.p.f.e. and e.g.r. solenoid I even tried to update to 96 and up e.g.r. system components. I have replaced i.a.c. and t.p.s sensor to fix idle issues. New fuel pump and filter due. to bad fuel from setting up for 5 years. I've also re-stabbed synchronizer and replaced the cam sensor. Yes I used the alignment tool. I purchased another scanner that allows me to monitor and watch all components. Everytime I replace something it gets worse or stays the same . The number 1 and 3 one love data shows 586 on 1 and 89 on 3 on a 2 mile ride to go put some higher octane gas. So I decided it might be fuel injectors or oxygen sensors thinking maybe one or both maybe effecting air fuel ratio. Keeping in mind no codes are being recorded. I also replaced fuel pressure regulator . Scanner data shows what data comes from all the components that I have replaced. Now car won't start at all. Has spark, has fuel. I can only assume upstream b1 and b2 o2 are operating out of range and need to be replaced, my p.c.m is trash, or has blown head gasket that just keeps getting worse. Maybe timing chain that has jumped time. Fuel injectors are wrong, but all 6? , They're all fouled. Crank sensor? I'm exhausted. I read on this forum that mustangs with 4 on vin.had tech serv. bulletin about heads, ? Was fixing to run across scales.But have too much time in it so before I go drag this thing to dealership or over the scales . Anyone feel like chiming in. Anyone at all.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Gear shift Vehicle Car Steering wheel Automotive design

Hood Automotive lighting Netbook Grille Trunk

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

It sounds like you’ve fired the parts-cannon at it for sure. I can’t really offer a lot of advice on this personally, but perhaps a Tech-Expert can help out.

·
Tech-Advisor
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe
77 Posts
You might want to perform a compression check on all cylinders. The head bolt threads in earlier 3.8L V6 blocks up to '98 were known to get pulled up when torquing down the head bolts, causing them to protrude above the block deck. As a result, it's possible your heads may not be seated completely flat against the block causing combustion gases to leak out past the head gasket.
Ford fixed the problem from '99 onwards by using stronger material in the block.

·
Registered
1995 Ford mustang 3.8 v6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I put the heads back on, I have felt likêe the head gaskts we're blown.i forgot to mention I didn't replace headlights bolts

But why would all cylinders be fouling out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts