Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Holy crap! So sorry to hear that happened to you :f, I'd be rolling around town with a shotgun doing my own investigation lmao! Goodluck with everything

·
Registered
585 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO. Dude I am so sorry :( I feel so bad. Wish you the best of luck with another stang man. Even though it won't be the same

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm kind of confused tho, you said your insurance doesn't cover it cuz you have basic insurance but your still making payments for the car? I thought when your financing and making payments you MUST have full coverage because its technically not your car till its paid and he title is signed, than you can do what you wish with the insurance

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I bought it from a buy here pay here and they accepted basic and me being the cheap ass that I am opted for that. I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow and he said it looked fixable. Part of me wants to just let it get repoed and part of me wants to fix it ;(

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yea I bought it from a buy here pay here and they accepted basic and me being the cheap ass that I am opted for that. I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow and he said it looked fixable. Part of me wants to just let it get repoed and part of me wants to fix it ;(
How much cash you got into it so far?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I'd imagine if you let it get repoed, they might bring you to court for all the damage I'm not exactly sure how that works tho

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm that's a big decision, do a lot of thinking, after a guy comes to asses the damage that is
I drove it and its still running fine. No shakes vibrations or anything. I have another car that's been sitting since December that I'm thinking about retagging/insuring and slowly fixing the mustang. Perhaps get the frame banged out, buy the replacement parts then finally fully repaint. I'm gonna wait to see what the body mechanic says and if he can work with me on pricing and payments which the guy who sent me to him said he would. He was also backed up by 4 other people for his work.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Basic insurance doesn't cover theft ?? thats BS
Basic insurance in Florida is just PIP personal injury protection. I'm going to call them and see if there is annnnnnything they can do but I'm about 98% sure I know what's they are going to say. I'm also going to see how much it will cost to make some changes in the future

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Basic insurance in Florida is just PIP personal injury protection. I'm going to call them and see if there is annnnnnything they can do but I'm about 98% sure I know what's they are going to say. I'm also going to see how much it will cost to make some changes in the future
I hope the police catch whoever did it... That would be the only way to recoup any thing... Sue the perps.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope the police catch whoever did it... That would be the only way to recoup any thing... Sue the perps.
I'm probably being negative but I don't think they will find anyone and if they do I'm sure I won't get any compensation out of them. Ill keep you guys posted! Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If basic insurance doesn't cover theft then what does it cover?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If basic insurance doesn't cover theft then what does it cover?
Personal/Collision to the other party I believe.

OP, what provider do you use?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Holy crap! So sorry to hear that happened to you :f, I'd be rolling around town with a shotgun doing my own investigation lmao! Goodluck with everything
+10000000001. I still wouldn't be home. I'd be layin in the bushes somewhere duck commander style, just waitin. The whole town would know my name.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts