Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My questions on exhaust.

Tags
exhaust
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lowflyn 
#1 ·
OK, gonna get my first performance mod done pretty soon. I have about $200 saved up. I found a true dual GT take-off kit with the hangers, tips, and everything for about $230. But I have question. What size is the factory GT exhaust system, it's 2 1/4 right? I need to know 'cause I want to replace the mufflers too.

#4 ·
i guess an '02 take-off wouldnt fit your car? cuz they seem to be a little cheaper.
I'm just excited because this one is cheaper, comes with the hangers, and is true dual unlike the MAC cat-back. I'm kinda woried about how the tips are gonna look though.

Now I just gotta find some good sounding mufflers to replace those with. I was thinking FlowTech Afterburner but haven't heard to much good about them.

#5 ·
Flowtechs sound really good on a 99+, never heard them on a pre 99, they're just too loud for my personal preferences. That's why I left the stock takeoff mufflers when I put my duals on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.