Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 04 Terminator on he freeway doing about 80 and went to shift into sixth gear and was super stiff so I slowed down and it went into sixth so went home and whole way home every gear was super stiff and hard to find I let it sit for a few days went and fired it up to move it and ow I have all gears except reverse and sixth. Any help on where to start would be awesome thanks...

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Hang in there, someone will be along help soon.

·
Tech-Expert
307 Posts
I was driving my 04 Terminator on he freeway doing about 80 and went to shift into sixth gear and was super stiff so I slowed down and it went into sixth so went home and whole way home every gear was super stiff and hard to find I let it sit for a few days went and fired it up to move it and ow I have all gears except reverse and sixth. Any help on where to start would be awesome thanks...
Ouch!

First, welcome to Mustang Evolution!

With this sort of thing, there's not usually a simple fix, but you might start by draining your gear oil and seeing what the fluid looks like, then putting new stuff in there. If there's significant metal in it, then you have your answer. Regardless of whether something's bent, cracked or broken, you're probably going to have to take this thing apart and inspect it. Hopefully it's just one thing that turns out to be easy to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts