Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 94 mustang gt it has cai,o/r h-pipe/flows 10 series. i have a stage one clutch and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in. so i got a few question if i have to make this my winter car what would you guys recommend?you know like tires, etc... and on another note what should be my next performance mod?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Adogg said:
so i have a 94 mustang gt it has cai,o/r h-pipe/flows 10 series. i have a stage one clutch and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in. so i got a few question if i have to make this my winter car what would you guys recommend?you know like tires, etc... and on another note what should be my next performance mod?
I'd say at all costs don't make it your winter car, but if you have to, get a good all season tire or maybe a used set of snow tires, you can usually find them pretty cheap. As far as performance mods, I'd wait til after winter to do any type of upgrading because increased HP in the snow/ice is just gonna cause more traction issues than I'd wanna deal with. But when you do get around to it I'd look into a head and cam combo followed by an intake and tune.

·
Registered
269 Posts
rwsmith3623 said:
I'd say at all costs don't make it your winter car, but if you have to, get a good all season tire or maybe a used set of snow tires, you can usually find them pretty cheap. As far as performance mods, I'd wait til after winter to do any type of upgrading because increased HP in the snow/ice is just gonna cause more traction issues than I'd wanna deal with. But when you do get around to it I'd look into a head and cam combo followed by an intake and tune.
Plus 4 bags of salt in the trunk never hurt anything. 1) gives you traction 2) rip one of those open and pour it on the ground for when you get stuck. Besides that, wish ya luck man

·
Registered
914 Posts
Adogg said:
Go buy a 400 dollar beater and cover up the mustang. I agree a good set of heads will make a good difference

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garbill2003 said:
Go buy a 400 dollar beater and cover up the mustang. I agree a good set of heads will make a good difference
Thanks guys for the input I really wanna go buy a beater I dread driving my mustang in the snow but family is telling me just drive the mustang they just don't under stand

·
Titus Wadicus
2,114 Posts
Thanks guys for the input I really wanna go buy a beater I dread driving my mustang in the snow but family is telling me just drive the mustang they just don't under stand
anyone telling u that has never drove a mustang n the snow....:lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
svtlx said:
anyone telling u that has never drove a mustang n the snow....:lmao:
Haha I've drove mine through snow 'pocalypse 2011

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

But you'll laugh at what we call snow!

1/4 of an inch cancels school and the bread goes flying off the shelves.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------
I've driven a Mustang through much worse (12" with ice) and managed to go up a long hill that had 4wd trucks spun out at the bottom and yes I did :lol: at them and had to show them my car sitting outside to prove it. Priceless!

A set of Blizzak or studded snow tires if allowed, a 80 lb bag of sand and a 25 lb bag of salt, add that to sensible driving and you'll be fine. It's also fun at times. ;)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
99ford said:

I know what you mean :p
We to our of school an entre week because of minor snow ( except for the last day)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts