Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I'm a nerd.... but damn it, it's not my fault.

[Flaskback to 1988]

When I was 7, my parents took me to Universal Studios Hollywood. At that time, they still had an attraction called "The Star Trek Expierence". We were standing in line to watch the show, and a guy came from the back of the building, asked me if I waned to be in the show, and I said yea. My mom and I went back into the building, and I was part of the show. I was actually the youngest one, so naturally I got a lot of screen time :mrgreen:. Anyway, after the show, we bought the tape, so we could watch the show over and over.

[/Flashback to 1988]

Anyway, from that point on, I was fasinated with Star Trek. Star Trek: The Next generation came out a year or so later, and It was all down hill from there. I've seev every single ST: TNG, ST: Voyager, and ST: Enterprise episode to date. (I've seen ST:TNG at least 12 times per episode).

Anyway, When they came out with every season on a set of DVD's recently, I looked at the price and :shock: 150 bucks!!!!???? Oh hell no.

So I look on ebay... I'm getting the first season of DVD's for 40 bucks :megreen:.

So I'm kinda excited about that :mrgreen:

I know I'm a nerd... Every single girlfriend has told me that since Highschool... but I'm just me :)

Ok, I just had to tell someone :) I feel better now :mrgreen:

BTW... my parents still show that tape to every single girl I bring to the house :(. Damn tape :D

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Rellik said:

[Flaskback to 1988]

When I was 7, my parents took me to Universal Studios Hollywood. At that time, they still had an attraction called "The Star Trek Expierence". We were standing in line to watch the show, and a guy came from the back of the building, asked me if I waned to be in the show, and I said yea. My mom and I went back into the building, and I was part of the show. I was actually the youngest one, so naturally I got a lot of screen time :mrgreen:. Anyway, after the show, we bought the tape, so we could watch the show over and over.

[/Flashback to 1988]

Anyway, from that point on, I was fasinated with Star Trek. Star Trek: The Next generation came out a year or so later, and It was all down hill from there. I've seev every single ST: TNG, ST: Voyager, and ST: Enterprise episode to date. (I've seen ST:TNG at least 12 times per episode).

Anyway, When they came out with every season on a set of DVD's recently, I looked at the price and :shock: 150 bucks!!!!???? Oh hell no.

So I look on ebay... I'm getting the first season of DVD's for 40 bucks :megreen:.

I know I'm a nerd... Every single girlfriend has told me that since Highschool... but I'm just me :)

BTW... my parents still show that tape to every single girl I bring to the house :(. Damn tape :D
Nerd :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
trekkie

\\// **its the vulcan thinggy

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rellik said:

[Flaskback to 1988]

[/Flashback to 1988]

OMG you are a SUPER NERD!!!!! Just dont tell me you go to the trekkie conventions dressed as a character DO YOU ????????????????

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Corey.

I've only been to 2 conventions. A comicbook convention (where I bought 60 bucks worth of Magic cards :mrgreen: back in 1996) , And an X-Files convention... hehehe Gillian Anderson is much cuter in person than she is on TV :mrgreen: .

Yes, I'm a Trekkie. But I am who I am, and I cant be anyone else. My GF hates Anything Sci Fi, So I guess I'll just have to watch them when she's not around. :mrgreen:

But if you guys think about it... Look at it this way. Before September 13th of last year. I didnt know #### about 3.8's. Now look at where I am because I paid attention to others and did my own research. :wtf: . IT can sometimes pay off to be a nerd. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
lol omg conventions :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
White95Stangv6 said:
lol omg conventions :D
If you get a chance... tell me how much the entire set of the "Magic: The Gathering - Fallen Empire" series is in mint condition... I may want to sell one of my 3 full sets and buy myself a body kit with how much I make off of the set :p :p

While you're at it... can you check how much the original "Revised" set is too? MY brother would like to know. Since 5 years ago... it was worth well over $1,200.

Yeah... Thats what conventions are good for :p Anythign is worth a lot of money to the right collector :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts