Mustang Evolution Forum banner

my stang...

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  97Stallion 
#1 ·
seems to be racking up some wear and tear :( i've been noticing a squeaking clutch, intensifying shaking or jerking (back and forth) in the chassis as i accelerate (like the tranny is not quite catching, or not cycling fast enough) squeaking brakes... it also seems like it may be making less HP... i've checked the oil, she doesn't appear to burn or lose any at all...

i'm thinking i should change the spark plugs, it hasn't been done since i bought the car... i know my oil is about due to be changed (i use synthetic)... maybe she just needs an all around tune up?

i dunno, give me some thoughts... my stang is a 97 5 speed, completely stock, been wrecked twice (once by me, once by previous owner) 85,5XX miles... i'm careful not to push her above 3K

thanks in advance

#3 ·
A good tune up including Plugs, Plug wires (If they are stock) Air filter, Oil change, check or replace the PVC valve, Check the battery for fluid, might want to get the brake fluid change (Brake fluid absorbs 5% to 10% water moisture every year and causes spongy brakes) check the Power steering fluid, also a good time to change tranny fluid and filter if you have a Auto.

#4 ·
corey, what price range would all that be in? i have 100$ to spare until next week... then i'll have about 150 more after i pay my bills

get at me on aim if you want to discuss this, it's faster than hovering in one spot lol

#5 ·
Probably $150 or so

Autolite or Motorcraft Plugs $8.00 for a set of 6
MSD Plug wires $70
Brake fluid change at a shop $40
New PVC valve if needed $4.00
Air Filter $8.00 to $40 depending on the type
Battery fluid if low get filtered or distilled water
Change radiator fluid if needed

#12 ·
Never use a rachet when removing torque from a bolt or spark plug. Use a 3/8" breaker bar. Also you're going to need a 5/8" deep well spark plug remover socket, some 3/8" drive extensions (perferably have them about 6" long), and you'll need a 3/8" drive swivel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.