Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little experimenting last night and with a recommendation from a friend, he told me to turn my downfiring box on it's side so that it was firing into the trunk instead. Wow... sure did sound a lot better! Of course now I feel more of the bass aimed at me instead of feeling it on my butt! Really a combination of the two gives the best bass feeling imo...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089301630&category=14945

Can you all take a look at that box and let me know what you think? Later on I plan on getting new subs, but at least for $40 if I could get a sub box that looked better (and one where the carpter color actually matches!) I'd spend it. I just want to make sure that this box will work well with my 10" p5's and sound the same, if not better, than my side-ways downfiring box.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Shahrum said:
Did a little experimenting last night and with a recommendation from a friend, he told me to turn my downfiring box on it's side so that it was firing into the trunk instead. Wow... sure did sound a lot better! Of course now I feel more of the bass aimed at me instead of feeling it on my butt! Really a combination of the two gives the best bass feeling imo...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089301630&category=14945

Can you all take a look at that box and let me know what you think? Later on I plan on getting new subs, but at least for $40 if I could get a sub box that looked better (and one where the carpter color actually matches!) I'd spend it. I just want to make sure that this box will work well with my 10" p5's and sound the same, if not better, than my side-ways downfiring box.
and i wouldnt pay 40 bucks for that box. Its just a generic sub box. Probably make thjem sound worse.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the advise I was looking for -- if the box would be equal or greater in quality than my current one. If it's less than the quality, then fck no!

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Its not rocket science guys. If you want a good quality box for your subs(which you need to get for your 10" L7's Shahrum) you go to a local car audio shop and have them build you one to the specs of the sub. You need to get a vented enclosure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts