Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that most of you are curious, like I was for a test drive of the '15 Mustang compared to our present 5.0 (mine is a '11 GT with the Brembo package, 3.73 gear and manual transmission). The first one that I tried on my test drive was a beautiful looking white with blue stripes, track packaged automatic Ecoboost, after my test drive I was not at all interested on the car, it felt very heavy for that small engine, also noticed that it took very long to drop the rpms when I release the accelerator, if I wanted to drop it I had to instead use the paddle shift, I felt very disappointed of this car, it did not felt like a Mustang, I remembered that in one of my trips I rented a '14 V6 automatic transmission Mustang and it was faster compared to the Ecoboost mule. Then I steeped into a 25th. dark blue aniversary GT automatic transmission that I believe it had the track package included (wider 275's Pirelli's at the back) & 3.50 gear, the car felt very fast, to a point that I did not miss the stick of my '11 std. transmission, I could heard a strong inspiring noise from the engine, and even in full auto felt very fast, to be sincere I could not distinguish the IRS from my '11 GT rear axle feeling, I did not had a close place to try it on curves, just two highway "U" turns, the cooling of the seats was great, even I had to turn it off after a while. I was really surprised, with the engine & transmission setup.
Looking at the exterior and interior of the car, the '15 Mustang looks way better in person than in the magazines or web pictures, but not enough to persuaded me to change my present car, I did not had that old enthusiastic feeling compared to when I first bough my '11 GT 5.0. Probably for newcomers it will be more attractive. I don't know something it's missing on this car. Spirit?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that most of you are curious, like I was for a test drive of the '15 Mustang compared to our present 5.0 (mine is a '11 GT with the Brembo package, 3.73 gear and manual transmission). The first one that I tried on my test drive was a beautiful looking white with blue stripes, track packaged automatic Ecoboost, after my test drive I was not at all interested on the car, it felt very heavy for that small engine, also noticed that it took very long to drop the rpms when I release the accelerator, if I wanted to drop it I had to instead use the paddle shift, I felt very disappointed of this car, it did not felt like a Mustang, I remembered that in one of my trips I rented a '14 V6 automatic transmission Mustang and it was faster compared to the Ecoboost mule. Then I steeped into a 25th. dark blue aniversary GT automatic transmission that I believe it had the track package included (wider 275's Pirelli's at the back) & 3.50 gear, the car felt very fast, to a point that I did not miss the stick of my '11 std. transmission, I could heard a strong inspiring noise from the engine, and even in full auto felt very fast, to be sincere I could not distinguish the IRS from my '11 GT rear axle feeling, I did not had a close place to try it on curves, just two highway "U" turns, the cooling of the seats was great, even I had to turn it off after a while. I was really surprised, with the engine & transmission setup.
Looking at the exterior and interior of the car, the '15 Mustang looks way better in person than in the magazines or web pictures, but not enough to persuaded me to change my present car, I did not had that old enthusiastic feeling compared to when I first bough my '11 GT 5.0. Probably for newcomers it will be more attractive. I don't know something it's missing on this car. Spirit?
Ups! 50th. anniversary

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
I hate reviews like this... going to be very hard for me to justify buying a used car if these things perform as well as everyone keeps saying and the prices on leftovers come down to what the 14s did as the 15s were about to come out. Also nice to think that you aren't buying a car with years worth of other ppl's farts in the seats and god knows what done to them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't like them at all. Only thing I like is the GT350. 500 N/A RWHP N/A out of the box is amazing. Plus it has a cool design.

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a $50 test drive coupon from Ford at the LA Auto Show. I went in yesterday to the local dealership (where I bought my '13 GT) with no intention of buying, just fulfilling the coupon requirement. I was irritated they had NO GTs on the lot but took out an Ecoboost to get it over with. It drove well and the bells and whistles were cool, but the power was inadequate for me. It was fun scaring the sales kid taking the cloverleaf at 50. Unfortunately a Volvo SUV curtailed my fun by doing 25 ahead of me, but the brakes did their job.
I also got a $25 gas card from the dealership so it was worth my time.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks great all black. I really wish they had a GT for me to try.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Cool little review. The ecoboost is disappointing and the 5.0 still rocks seems to be the common consensus in the community for the most part.

I too have seen the cars in person and I'll admit, they do look a lot better compared to simple online pics. You can really examine the body lines and details of the exterior/interior. However I'm still partial to the new edge and S197 platform. The new gen have a bit too much euro sport infused into them, which of course is what Ford intended so it would appeal across the global market.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Everyone really needs to get past the looks, it will be revered just as every other Mustang. The biggest change in the 2015 are the more modern features along with the suspension and handing.

Everyday I drive my 2015 GT w/PP it surprises me more and more. It's just amazing how good the suspension is and how well it handles, very confindence inspiring. I will never own another solid axle Mustang unless looking to build a drag car only.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's nothing to get over in my book - love the looks, even if they are a bit more European. I've driven behind them and the wide ass looks potent.
There's just not enough pull for me to jump into new payments. I paid off my 13 and spent more to make it the way I want it. It's a great track toy which also serves as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hate reviews like this... going to be very hard for me to justify buying a used car if these things perform as well as everyone keeps saying and the prices on leftovers come down to what the 14s did as the 15s were about to come out. Also nice to think that you aren't buying a car with years worth of other ppl's farts in the seats and god knows what done to them.

LOVE your last bit on farts hahaha

·
Registered
23 Posts
loving my 15 gt. I am pretty sure I read the performance pack only comes on a manual I could be wrong. but as for the 15 compared to the older 5.0 the 15 is a dream. the independent rear end is unbeatable and as for performance it comes standard with launch control and link lock. with the mud and snow tires I am running right now if you use the launch control at 4200 rpms your gunna hurt your neck the car is a dream. my only complaint is the exhaust is a little quiet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My test drive of the '15 Ecoboost & '15 GT compared to my '11 5.0

I owned a 1987 5.0 when I was in high school, and never thought I could love a Mustang more....and then I drove my '15 GT w/ PP. I drive around with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face everyday! The independent rear is a dream, and like someone else posted, with all season tires it will snap your neck shifting from 3-4.

This car is not for everyone, but for those that get it....we love every minute behind the wheel!

2015 Mustang GT - Competition Orange

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dealer had a 3 day money back no questions ask deal , I took home a Ruby Red Ecoboost ... Nice car but power is lacking .. Feels good till about 4500 and then it's just dead .. Took it back and they got me a GT .. I just love it !!!! I'm so glad I didn't get stuck with the Ecoboost .. The dealer had to redo my hole loan with the Bank and start all over again , But they did it with a smile ... Add to that they gave me a 5 year free rental car package for free ..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Glad that worked out for you. I did a similar deal with a used car at Galpin in LA years ago. My mechanic found too many problems with the car and I took it back. They *****ed and moaned but took it back. Later I saw on my credit report they claimed the deal was cancelled because of my credit rating. Asshats. I'd previously bought 2 new cars from them - never again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts