Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in. I've installed it. The switch it came with was bad and one of the short tubes. I sent an e-mail to the dealer and haven't received anything back yet. I'll have pics up soon when it goes dark here, in about an hour. But the install was a #####. 7 hour install. If anyone else needs help installing this, let me know, I found the optimum mounting spots and good wire routes. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did putting one of these on. I would write a how-to, but I didn't take photo's while I was doing it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Damn 7 hours is long, I might get blue underglows, but i am not really sure yet. I most likly wont.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look fucking sweet, I am taking a break from clean up right now, but then I'll take pics. Blue would look great on your stang.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
hmongstang said:
i'm plannig to put some on. a how to would be very nice.
Yea good idea

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I don't have pics of the during, but I don't think they are really necessary for this particular install. I'll take some pics of the mountings and and the wirings, then put some labels in them. It's not too hard once you know what you are doing. By the way, my how-to will work for the generics sell2all sells and the streetglow brand. I don't know about the other brands. I'll try to have it ready by this time next week. If your looking to buy soon, I suggest the ones sold by Sell2All on E-bay. That's what I have and the quality is impressive, better than streetglow in my opinion. Plus the $80 (44 + shipping) is a much better price than the retail $250. Read each auction carefully, some of the models are different. You want about 48" for the 2 long tubes and at least 36" for the short tubes. Later

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go! Remember, the front short tube came busted, so we don't get light up there, YET.

All the junk out of the box, note my cigar box.

Another out of the box

Installed, with out flash.

Installed, all rest with flash.

What do ya'll think? Worth all the pain?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
They look good, I am doing blue under my white car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmong, i'm only at delta on wed night, (missed my damn class tonight, forgot all about it) I'll be there tomorrow to get a student ID. What time are you there?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
WOW look ma them kids got lights under there car HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You know I could almost understand neons on a show car but on a stock stark white car it looks weird it a little wannabee!!!!!!

But that is just my opinion

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I know what you mean, this wasn't my inteded order of mods, but when I saw the deal at e-bay, I couldn't pass it up. But when I get my duals, and Saleen bumper it will look sweet. And if you heard and saw my current sound setup, I think you'd be impressed. Great headunit, 12 cd changer, 20gb mp3 player, satelite radio and a 10" that USED to rattle everything on my car. Eventually my car will be a show car, but for now your right, it's just a wannabe. But I must say it's one damn sexy wannabe.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Drop top... Do I see a box of Macanudo Maduro Cigars in that first picture :mrgreen: ? I like those :) I also like the Macanudo Robust 8) . How many of those things did you light up when you were doing this install? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Damn good catch there Rellik. I to am a cigar smoker. Macanudo's are sweet but my personal favorite modest price cigar is a Baccarat and a glass of Brandy or Crown Royal

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, that's what it is. I didn't smoke any, I'm out. :oops:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
man those will come in handy when you have to crawl up under there to work on the car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
DropTop_Stang said:
Well, I know what you mean, this wasn't my inteded order of mods, but when I saw the deal at e-bay, I couldn't pass it up. But when I get my duals, and Saleen bumper it will look sweet. And if you heard and saw my current sound setup, I think you'd be impressed. Great headunit, 12 cd changer, 20gb mp3 player, satelite radio and a 10" that USED to rattle everything on my car. Eventually my car will be a show car, but for now your right, it's just a wannabe. But I must say it's one damn sexy wannabe.
u gotta becareful at delta...... there are some cheap muther facker that steals........ anyways i have night class. but i usaully drop off my sis in tha morning. and if u cruise on pacific...... u'll see me one day.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i had blue neons on my black car, looked sweet but my car is lowered and rocks and #### would always bounce up and one of my bubls cracked so i got fed up and tore them off and threw those bitches in the garbage :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts