Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 13 mustang almost 4 months now and i love it! But after the first week of owning it i thought I made the wrong decision. You see ive been driving automatic for 18 years and never drove manual before so when i was at the dealer ordering my car with the wife beside me and the asked auto or manual and i said manual without ever driving one she said "are you f 'in crazy? You've never driven manual before and your going to buy a 28k $ car!! Yep, because every mustang owner has always told me "Dont go automatic you'll regret it, it takes alot of fun out of owning one"Well i tell ya getting out of the dealers parking lot, with about ten employees wathing me, was to say the least a laughable event stalling it about 10 times, no joke, and the first week in traffic going to work was not very fun, but now im a manual driver for life! So much fun, and the wife cant drive the car, Lol! Dont worry ill teach her..........eventully. Anyone done that before?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I learned on mine, been just about 6 weeks shy of a year that I got her

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Yes I will say it;"You are crazy"

I'm with primer2tone when he say's:

[QUOTEYou are crazy! Why would you ever teach the wife to drive it?!?][/QUOTE]

Once she learns how to drive it you won;t see your car again. She won't want to give it up.

Ronnie

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
When I was teaching my kids Mom how to drive with a manual transmission she went completely off the road and into the front yard of mobile home nearly running over their dog. That was 12 years ago and a $100 car. She's since come a long way and is a very good manual driver now but she will NOT drive my mustang. I tell her, it's too low and you're too careless. image-2612505073.jpg It wouldn't be long before she tore off all of my splitters. Lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
primer2tone said:
When I was teaching my kids Mom how to drive with a manual transmission she went completely off the road and into the front yard of mobile home nearly running over their dog. That was 12 years ago and a $100 car. She's since come a long way and is a very good manual driver now but she will NOT drive my mustang. I tell her, it's too low and you're too careless.it wouldn't be long before she tore off all my splitters. Lol
That's a sick car man! I love it

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
primer2tone said:
When I was teaching my kids Mom how to drive with a manual transmission she went completely off the road and into the front yard of mobile home nearly running over their dog. That was 12 years ago and a $100 car. She's since come a long way and is a very good manual driver now but she will NOT drive my mustang. I tell her, it's too low and you're too careless.It wouldn't be long before she tore off all of my splitters. Lol
Wow thats a beauty!!! Love the rims! What size? 19, 20? Next spring thats the first thing im changing and to that exact style!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
First time I ever drove a manual was driving my 2011 ford ranger home from the dealership lol.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
sometimes I regret not getting a manuel but I got the auto because my wife said she was going to drive it too but she .drove it once and said it bounced around too much for her. but I still love my stang no matter what tranny it has.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The wife issue seems to be common. My wife can't drive manual either, and was a little difficult with the road trip to NH, since then I've been required to teach her to be able to ' get by in an emergency '. My poor clutch :-(

Great choice with the manual!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
wereKEV said:
sometimes I regret not getting a manuel but I got the auto because my wife said she was going to drive it too but she .drove it once and said it bounced around too much for her. but I still love my stang no matter what tranny it has.
Well you don't have to worry this way.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Pony_Boy said:
The wife issue seems to be common. My wife can't drive manual either, and was a little difficult with the road trip to NH, since then I've been required to teach her to be able to ' get by in an emergency '. My poor clutch :-(

Great choice with the manual!
I would've bought a beat up Jeep or Honda and say here ya go.

·
Registered
326 Posts
99ford said:
Well you don't have to worry this way.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I would've bought a beat up Jeep or Honda and say here ya go.
Yeah, she has an old VW golf. I couldn't spend that much time in that underpowered commuter without a decent sound system or cruise control.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife can drive a manual better than me I think. It was nice though because a manual was a must have when we decided to buy a muscle car.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
primer2tone said:
You are crazy! Why would you ever teach the wife to drive it?!? Lol :p
+1 say good bye to your nice wheels! Women love grinding them on curbs! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Jgill1992 said:
First time I ever drove a manual was driving my 2011 ford ranger home from the dealership lol.
I thought they stopped making rangers?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
2011 was the last year. Got a 4cyl 2wd 5 speed. First car or loan I ever got. Just got it to build credit. Had it for 13 months and had 5,300 miles on it when I traded it for my stang.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
2011 was the last year. Got a 4cyl 2wd 5 speed. First car or loan I ever got. Just got it to build credit. Had it for 13 months and had 5,300 miles on it when I traded it for my stang.
I still think that's dumb they stopped making them it was such a good little truck an it looked like ford made a lot of money off of them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I taught my Wife to drive a 5spd in my 2006 WRX TR
and the clutch was burnt out not long after that. I was
lucky and Subaru replaced it under warranty, not so lucky
when 3rd gear broke at 59k. They wouldn't warranty it, said
that she must have tried to launch it in 3rd or something.
I told them she couldn't launch it if she tried, she has no idea
how. I will admit that I launched it hard numerous times on the
street and autocross events. I woiuld think that 1st or 2nd would
hav broke??

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you install the tune ,,you chirp 2,3,4 gear ,,i think thats cool as sh^& to hear that,,and when you drive it normal you barely notice it,,just a good positive shift like it should b

1 - 20 of 38 Posts