Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend if mine trying to sell me a used, self lubricating Paxton supercharger for my 95, I'm just wondering if these are dependable and if 800 is a good deal for it. Theres only 3200 miles on it, self proclaimed, but I just want to know whether or not people have had a good or bad experience with them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, cool, and thank you. Is there anything I need to replace on the internals, cause I read that the stock rods and pistons can handle around 6 psi. I'm also looking into getting a new cam, lower and upper and new heads

·
Banned
422 Posts
It depends on your tune, which you will need with boost. The 94-95 computers dont handle big mods like that well. How much power are you aiming for? You may also run into problems with the block splitting with higher horsepower and boost wont help the situation. 500hp at the crank is about the limit, tho some say 450 and others have ran 600+ with no problems. Also dont forget to factor in fuel system upgrades into your budget, bigger fuel pump, larger injectors, maf calibrated for the injectors, ect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on your tune, which you will need with boost. The 94-95 computers dont handle big mods like that well. How much power are you aiming for? You may also run into problems with the block splitting with higher horsepower and boost wont help the situation. 500hp at the crank is about the limit, tho some say 450 and others have ran 600+ with no problems. Also dont forget to factor in fuel system upgrades into your budget, bigger fuel pump, larger injectors, maf calibrated for the injectors, ect.
Yeah I don't plan on making my car into a drag strip only car. I read that the Paxton is good for daily driving along along with track use, and I'm not expecting to make any more than 500 horse, I'd be more than content with 400-450 horse

·
Banned
422 Posts
A good heads/cam/intake setup can put you at 300+hp at the wheels. So you shouldn't have a problem hitting 400+ with the paxton.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do u recommend as far as brands and specs for a h/c/i combo? I wanna try and keep my budget near 2,000-2,500 if possible haha

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
What do u recommend as far as brands and specs for a h/c/i combo? I wanna try and keep my budget near 2,000-2,500 if possible haha
If u buy new with top end kit and other supporting mods plus the price of the supercharge your looking $3,000-$4,000.

Supercharger $800
Top end kit $2,000-$2600
Supporting mods - $1,200 + depending on what u have already!

This is if you buy everything new plus the cost of labor

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If u buy new with top end kit and other supporting mods plus the price of the supercharge your looking $3,000-$4,000.

Supercharger $800
Top end kit $2,000-$2600
Supporting mods - $1,200 + depending on what u have already!

This is if you buy everything new plus the cost of labor
Okay, yeah I got ya. I believe my guy with this Paxton told me he has some top end stuff as well, I'm not positive hah. Hopefully I can get a good deal on some stuff and see what I can install my self

·
Banned
422 Posts
I think you would be more than happy with just the top end kit for now, and if you decide you want more power get the supercharger when you can afford it. Whitecobra is making a pretty good amount of power with just a h/c/i

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
keaton5.0 said:
I think you would be more than happy with just the top end kit for now, and if you decide you want more power get the supercharger when you can afford it. Whitecobra is making a pretty good amount of power with just a h/c/i
yup i agree. the trickflow topend kit will bump you up 125+ hp. it wont even feel like the same car. then when your ready toss a super charger on there for another 125+ hp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts