Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the u-joints in my mustang. After I did. I started it up and I drove it forward about 5 feet, it felt like it popped out of gear and it rolled backwards ( slight hill) the transmission fluid looks okay. When I looked at the engine I saw a hose popped off and I can't find it in my chiton. Any ideas? Please and thank you anything helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
What year 6 cylinder is this? That fitting was on early ones, but I don't think it was there from 1966 on. I'll look it up when I get home, but I don't think it is the source of your problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it's a 66, that's the year anyways and it's a straight six. If that's not the problem what do u guys think?

·
Registered
509 Posts
When you say "popped out of gear" I assume its a manual, or is it automatic? Are your new u joints still intact?

·
Registered
509 Posts
And I am very confident saying they did not have a road draft tube in 1966. My guess is the engine was swapped at some point.

·
Registered
161 Posts
And I am very confident saying they did not have a road draft tube in 1966. My guess is the engine was swapped at some point.
correct.

as for the trans problem, check the vacuum tube that runs from the modulator valve to the engine, chances are it is disconnected or the modulator is bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts