Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm livin in san antonio, tx and want to know if anyone knows where i can order or find a automatic to manual transmission conversion kit i'm lookin for a 5 speed but would prefer a 6 speed. please help this automatic transmission is really pissin me off.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well there are 2 things you can do. One is for about 1500 including 3000 stall converter have a performance Auto in your car or go to someone like MPS and get a conversion kit http://www.stangparts.com/home.cfm?section=products/index cost anywhere from $ $1,500 to $2,500 or contact Midwest Mustang (Terry) [email protected] and he has these conversions available from time to time and probably a little cheaper than Stangparts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
as corey said talk to terry at midwestmustang.net

He charges 1500 installed for an auto to 5 speed swap including all labor so it might even be worth driving your car up to lawrence kansas for a couple days unless youre set on doin the job yourself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you can change a clutch in a vehicle, you can do the 5 speed swap

and you can do it cheaper than 1500 if you find the parts yourself

i swapped mine for 600

·
Registered
27 Posts
You'll also need to reflash yoru computer to make it be a manual EEC or get a chip for this...

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a 6 speed is worthless.... its not gonna make the car faster..... a viper spec 6 speed would be awsome but only cuz the final gear is .50 for great gas milage. its a major hassel to swap it over i would sell the car cuz the resale value will be poop. and you never know what you are getting with used parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The main benefit of a 6sp is usually closer gear-spacing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts