Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so a prick in a piece of crap Chevy truck though he would cut me off on the highway by coming across three lanes of traffics to make an exit and he clipped my driver's side wheel well. Did some damage to the bumper too. Anyway, I need to find a good autobody shop outside of the Ford dealership. I have been there enough with a failed power seat and other warranty work to say I don't need their hassle. I'm hoping his insurance will cover this but know for a few days. In the meantime I would like to find a good quality body shop in Houston Tx. Also, I heard that if you go to a body shop they don't report to carfax like the Ford dealerships will. Anyone know if that is true or not?

image-1246336465.jpg

Watch out for this truck in Houston! He doesn't know how to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
2008crna said:
Ok, so a prick in a piece of crap Chevy truck though he would cut me off on the highway by coming across three lanes of traffics to make an exit and he clipped my driver's side wheel well. Did some damage to the bumper too. Anyway, I need to find a good autobody shop outside of the Ford dealership. I have been there enough with a failed power seat and other warranty work to say I don't need their hassle. I'm hoping his insurance will cover this but know for a few days. In the meantime I would like to find a good quality body shop in Houston Tx. Also, I heard that if you go to a body shop they don't report to carfax like the Ford dealerships will. Anyone know if that is true or not?

I'm nowhere near Houston but if you have an iPhone you can download the Yelp app and it'll show you recommendations around you. Or do a google search and check out the reviews is what I'd do

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So a local mustang club recommended DSI. BUT I HAVE NOT DEALT WITH THEM... Just to be clear.

The other shop was the highest rated place with solid reviews (many).

I'd lean towards them if I were you.

Let me know how it turns out and you experience. I need some work done as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
2008crna said:

They do report, legally they cannot sidestep this.

·
Registered
366 Posts

View attachment 78938

Danggggggggg..... That's a BIG bumper

·
Registered
881 Posts

I was told by a body shop that it only get reported to carfax if their is an insurance claim on it.
I asked a few weeks ago when I had the front end of my car reworked with lights and spoiler. Just wanted to make sure that by me do appearance mods, that it wouldn't go on carfax and a damage report of some sort.
And he specifically said, it will not go on carfax unless their is an insurance claim. Could be different where you live tho. So just ask the shop what their procedures are

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww man, first off sounds like you're ok and that's good! That sucks for sure though. Did you have to chase him down or did he stop on his own? Anyway keep us updated hope all goes well for you
The POS acted like he was going to run but pulled over last minute in a parking lot. There was no way in hell he would have out ran me. I am waiting on the investigation of his insurance company to approve the claim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a sister who owns Precision Collision Incorporated (PCI) who has been in the business for 25 years and specializes in high end cars. She was also recognized by iCar as Autobody Person of the Year several years ago. Additionally her shop is recognized as a Pro-Shop by several of the you major insurance company's.

PCI 5610 Southwest Freeway Houston, Texas (713)952-4740

1 - 10 of 10 Posts