Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found and bought a 2013 BOSS. I was told by a dealer that it had over $9,200 in engine mods and produces 690 hp. Here's the show stopper. It came with an sct x3 which I can't get configured to my laptop for data logging. The dealer promised to get me the info and proof I needed. Now they say they can't. The car has a 93 street cam tune, 93 JLT emission tune, and a 93 street tune. It will not run without one of these tunes on the car. I was told everything from a crank to cams, heads, injectors... The only things I can prove are long tube headers, kooks high flow cats, qtp, lowered, and a power programmer. JLT cold air as well. I have two problems right now. I'm a fool, saved my stock tune to my laptop and updated firmware without returning to stock. I also smell a lot of raw fuel. It burns my eyes sometimes. How do I find out what was done to the car? And is the raw fuel smell normal? I feel like I'm playing with fire not knowing what's in that car. Thank you guys for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, it was originally sold in Florida, then it was in Indiana, then sold at auction by earth motor cars in Carrollton Texas.... And then I bought it. It only has 13,000 miles and I didn't know the important facts til after the sale. I saw, signed, and drove! I think it's closer to 500hp, not 690.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like it could be a fun car, but it would scare me to not know what was really done to the car. Best of luck and hope you can get the details. Welcome to the site!

Oh, and post some pictures!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Feels like I'm chasing a ghost, but it's a fast ghost... I'll post some pics tomorrow. If something happens to the ECU, I'm in trouble. Also need all this before I start forcing some air around...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look up BRENSPEED They have a shop in texas with a Dyno, one of the top Mustang turners in the country, they could strap it down and tell ya just what your motor is doing and set your tuner so you know what you have, and show you your dyno numbers. Been there 4-5 times myself. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I somewhat agree. Yes, they won round one. I just wanted the car either way. I brought up the numbers because I have another contraption that is tried and true 1740 something hp. Home made mud truck? It doesn't really fit a category. It's fast, will take on 8'of water and mud leaving a wake. Have had to held my breath one time. Have a kill rope that seals intake and exhaust if it goes under. So if I pulled 4 plug wires... Thank you for the Texas info! I'll be checking them out. By law I win. I knew it when I signed. "I signed a contract which I fulfilled completely based on the information I RELIED on which was supplied and advertised to me by the dealership". Remember that. It's a neck breaker and I knew it. I, in good faith bought a 690rwhp Boss mustang. However, the car delivered to me is not the car I paid for. In addition I bought this on a spree and only questioned why only one single bank agreed to finance me. I didn't care at the time about any bank or interest rate. Only learned that today. The dealership submitted an interest rate of 19%. I've never paid a 1/4 that much. This bank by law contacted me and asked a bunch of questions about me my trade and the dealer. They started an investigation and cut my rate below 9%. This is just an initial adjustment. The other banks I have always been loyal to and have ongoing business with declined me based on the interest rate provided. I don't know what that will do to my credit. I decided to pay off the car in the next two weeks. Seems crazy til this one sentence. I'm married for 13 years, have 2 children (7,11). I've been with my wife since we were 12. I'm 37 now. Forgiveness, permission, run! Quick to sign. I've bought a new car from these guys every year since 04. The car has a deeper meaning to me, but that's private. Ok, now the dealer is in big trouble with the banks. They are also required to make my car a naturally aspirated 690 rwhp BOSS mustang and forced air is not allowed. I don't know what they have to do or how they will get it, but it must be all Ford engineered and dyno tested on pump gas. I was told to recite the quote I mentioned from someone I traced down who knew about the sale on my car before it came to Arkansas. I used that quote and had my lawyer (free... Dads best friend... Dad died 2 years ago) and it is going to happen. Has to be the boss block. Question is how are they going to do that without spending ten grand or more. Yes, I feel I struck gold. Plan to remove that motor and drivetrain to store when it's done. Going to try to find and fit a really beefy 5.2 from the first guy that totals his gt350 and start a new build off that with my son as cash flow permits. Could turn into a pipe dream on the second motor, but that's what I would like to do. Anyone have any real idea how ford will be able to accomplish this? No aftermarket parts in engine build, no forced air, no nitrous, and I don't see it happening. I don't think they are smart enough to do it. First week I had it I lost a rear caliper at 70, had to buy new tires, camber kit, and then a frickin battery! Runs great right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Re-opened. The OP has been tracing this Mustang back to its roots (original purchase and owner(s)), and appears to be an interesting history on it. I hope he will post what he has located about it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I don't think he will

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
What happens when they don't reach the claimed number out of curiosity?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found all my proof. It was jacked of parts since dealer took possession. They charged me for the parts. I have one last guy to find before I go to court. Dealer knows I found it and banned me. They knew what they were doing. The car happens to be a prototype Boss from some major names in racing. I can't mention that yet. I am getting my ducks in a row. The car "was" 850 rwhp and extra quick change cog "was" 1256 at rear wheels. I will update as things progress.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
En route to last man in puzzle an hour away. Then turning over to lawyer and finding Larry Crain in an impromptu meeting (forced). Not breaking the law. My family sold him one of our car dealerships long ago. He is an evil man and he knows who I am. I'm nothing special except like racing. I just have to beat one guy and he knows I won't ever quit. Lawyers, atty gen, prosecuting atty, 7 on your side, two page newspaper adds, signs on the road in front of the dealerships (all of them). That's just where I start. The idea is to cost him more in sales and legal defense 10x what it cost to fix my car back to what I paid for. I'll still sue over my credit, but that's free. My deceased fathers best friend is my pro bono attorney. I won't spend a dime. And I didn't ask him to. He insisted. Anyone with some legal knowledge I don't already know I would be great full to speak with. I'll provide a number and my proof. We all love these cars and I want to share it with you. Anyone willing to assist can drive this thing when put back. I don't know about you guys, but I never dreamed I'd have a 1256 rwhp car that is a one off prototype from some big name guys in racing. This is my mega millions jackpot 10x over! Sorry I came off the wrong way in the beginning. I was in a bad spot. I'm only telling you what I have proof of. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Dang, that's awesome man.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts