Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving mustangs for a long time and I've owned a 91 LX Notch-Back and a 1998 GT coupe but I've recently picked up a 07 GT coupe and its bone stock for now. The problem is that it seems in the fall I'm getting a lot of interior fogging on the front and back windshields. I changed the in cabin micro filter and made sure both drains below that are clear. But yet it still fogs up. Does anyone know if this is normal for this model or not. It's driving me nuts. Yes it has been raining for a few days here to

·
Registered
58 Posts
Drives me crazy!!! Mine does the exact same but I figured it was because I had a convertible. It's also an 07 I can't stop it from fogging

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's driving me up the wall! I keep thinking there is leak, and there is nothing. I've even checked under all the seats. Now I'm getting worries it's going to mess up the interior. I shut off the vents every time I park the car too. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard of this happening before. The story is that there's a leak somewhere around the glove compartment area. Check under the carpet for the water--that's where people have been finding the moisture. I haven't heard of a solution, but logically you'd have to find the leak and seal it. Damn guys, that sucks, but good luck to you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
check the pass side carpet to see if it is wet

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
These year stangs aren't my specialty, but I think I vaguely remember something about the vents collecting moisture?..
Not sure if there was a fix for it or not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've read on S197 Forum IIRC, the clips that hold the cowl vent on, the sealant (or gasket) on them breaks down after a few years and can let moisture in. I believe the fix was to pop them out and use urethane sealant similar to what us used on the windshields, NOT silicone sealant. I'm planning on doing my 10 next summer just to nip it in the bud. Also check all your window seals real good! HTH

·
Registered
178 Posts
etc1006 said:
I've read on S197 Forum IIRC, the clips that hold the cowl vent on, the sealant (or gasket) on them breaks down after a few years and can let moisture in. I believe the fix was to pop them out and use urethane sealant similar to what us used on the windshields, NOT silicone sealant. I'm planning on doing my 10 next summer just to nip it in the bud. Also check all your window seals real good! HTH
+ 1 I've read that also!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Lt. Coldfire said:
I've heard of this happening before. The story is that there's a leak somewhere around the glove compartment area. Check under the carpet for the water--that's where people have been finding the moisture. I haven't heard of a solution, but logically you'd have to find the leak and seal it. Damn guys, that sucks, but good luck to you.
+1 There is a leak somewhere. There are 2 drain holes on the firewall down low that drain the cowl, stick your finger in there and make shur ther not clogged. If they are clogged, the water backs up thur the vent. Possibly the windshield also. Hope you have better luck finding the problem than I have.

·
Banned
510 Posts
I had a guy that repairs sun roofs and vert tops tell me to remove the front cowl plugs. The guy really knows his **** so maybe try that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts