Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my 2v motor blows and i have to get an engine swap what engine would i be able to just drop in my 2000 mustang GT and go... i dont want to play with any computer. jsut plug and play. and i plan on Twin Turboing the motor. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
4V :RTW:
Not sure about the whole plug an play ordeal on theses though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4V :RTW:
Not sure about the whole plug an play ordeal on theses though
i would much rather have a 4v but i can get a 3v cheaper and with the extra cash while its out have it built for a twin turbo right?
also i want to know about the engine light and if traction control would still work?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Not sure about the light to traction control but wouldn't it be cheaper to build a 4V than turn a 2 into a 4?
And yeah^^ surprised at the 3V

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about the light to traction control but wouldn't it be cheaper to build a 4V than turn a 2 into a 4?
And yeah^^ surprised at the 3V
The 3v out of a 2005-2007 or 2008-2010 (heads and spark plugs are diffrent) would be a cool swap.. not alot of people have it and it would make more power stock then the 2v and is cheaper then the 4v. but i found a 4.6 block with that is bored out to a 94mm pistion that makes it a 5.0 :) now a 3v 5.0 would be awesome... if i wanted a 5.0 4v i could just do a coyote swap right? ik the cams are different and the new 5.0 makes a poop load of more power though..
I am trying to make a pro touring auto cross car that will do as good or better then the $250,000 cars... :headbang:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hmm good point on the coyote, just keep in mind a full swap will be around 10-14k, so I've heard. And yeah a 5.0 3V is unheard of, would be unique. Im a hard head, go big or go home,,,,. Or be gangster about it an get a 5.4

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hmm good point on the coyote, just keep in mind a full swap will be around 10-14k, so I've heard. And yeah a 5.0 3V is unheard of, would be unique. Im a hard head, go big or go home,,,,. Or be gangster about it an get a 5.4
The 3v would be more of an ECM and wiring kick then just putting it in the engine. Being the accessories are different and located in different positions and would be another hurdle. You can disable the VCT but then whats the point? Considering that is what gives its power curve. And a rebuild is a rebuild, regardless of the 2v or 4v. I got a set of C heads from LKQ for 95. So you buy a rebuild for a 4v. It's not that much more in cost. The issue with 3v's even though they have a better flow then the 2v it still cost more to upgrade. It's comes down to pocket depth in what ever decision is made. Twin a 2v will be less costly and hp is hp. do you want 800hp or 500hp? Do you want to drive it every day or on a weekend? Be honest with yourself and take your time. 5.4L's are great, but there are no real available intake for mustang applications using 4v. 2v's you can get but with. 5.4L's are cheaper to Build but getting it to breath in your car will cost.
I myself will be embarking on a 5.4L DOHC journey. :banana:

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
The 3v would be more of an ECM and wiring kick then just putting it in the engine. Being the accessories are different and located in different positions and would be another hurdle. You can disable the VCT but then whats the point? Considering that is what gives its power curve. And a rebuild is a rebuild, regardless of the 2v or 4v. I got a set of C heads from LKQ for 95. So you buy a rebuild for a 4v. It's not that much more in cost. The issue with 3v's even though they have a better flow then the 2v it still cost more to upgrade. It's comes down to pocket depth in what ever decision is made. Twin a 2v will be less costly and hp is hp. do you want 800hp or 500hp? Do you want to drive it every day or on a weekend? Be honest with yourself and take your time. 5.4L's are great, but there are no real available intake for mustang applications using 4v. 2v's you can get but with. 5.4L's are cheaper to Build but getting it to breath in your car will cost.
And I will follow your progress as you install that torque monster. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
32vNomad said:
Sickness

·
Registered
470 Posts
I feel the new 5.0 will serve you better if you wanna build a track car. Just my opinion plus that's not that herd of yet,Only seen a few on the Internet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts