Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently chipped my 04 mustang gt and my car is able to rev up to 7 grand now, don't kno if I should go up that hi?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont know if that would be a thing to do regularly but, the engine should very well be able to handle that every now and again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cause I freaked out when I did a burnout I go off of sound and it was a little high and I looked down and it was at 6.9k

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Are you saying it sounded high?..

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

As in high pitched?..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Tach rises quick in a burnout.You see people bouncing off the limiter.How many miles on the car?Is motor real solid?If so you can do it and it can stand it pretty regular.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Tach rises quick in a burnout.You see people bouncing off the limiter.How many miles on the car?Is motor real solid?If so you can do it and it can stand it pretty regular.
I have to agree. These things are built Ford Tough. Just make sure the car is it at is prime temp before doing it. Make sure you keep the oil changed every 5k with Syn Blend or better. And a good oil filter. You shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have to agree. These things are built Ford Tough. Just make sure the car is it at is prime temp before doing it. Make sure you keep the oil changed every 5k with Syn Blend or better. And a good oil filter. You shouldn't have any problems.
I wouldn't do a blend... Go full synthetic!.. Blends are just a wast of money!..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Remember the motor has kind of a short stroke. It's made for high RPMs. Maybe not on a daily basis, but it can handle it. I would be less worried about constantly changing the oil and more worried about blowing a spark plug or throwing a rod.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Just because it can doesn't mean it should. That's why the revs are limited to start with. Unless its go heavy mods your not getting anything usefull that high in the revs, if you were to dyno it I'm sure you'd see power drop of off considerably after 5,500 RPMs any way. It probably feels flat that high anyway, just wasting gas, and the other guy will be putting distance on you while you screw around between 5,500-7,000k. The people who engineer cars/engines are pretty smart..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just because it can doesn't mean it should. That's why the revs are limited to start with. Unless its go heavy mods your not getting anything usefull that high in the revs, if you were to dyno it I'm sure you'd see power drop of off considerably after 5,500 RPMs any way. It probably feels flat that high anyway, just wasting gas, and the other guy will be putting distance on you while you screw around between 5,500-7,000k. The people who engineer cars/engines are pretty smart..
I would say some are very smart!.. The rest... Well let's just say less than so!.. Lol. I've seen some pretty stupid engineer on some cars!.. Mostly on GM though!.... Lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
I agree with the whole power issue. Why waste revving so high when it'll ultimately slow you down and kill your engine faster? It'll sound cool and like a DOHC motor, but Ford engineers made it like that for a reason.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll hit 6.5k ish on a burnout, or in a drag shift it around 6.5k. But not in my mustang.. that sin my camaro :p havent tested the pony out yet on a track. probably wont, its my 'cruise car'

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok thanks and thanks for all the advice guys still new to the muscle car, I kno alot about supras had two of them so this is a change of pace and glad you guys aren't calling me retarded for not knowing like other websites when I had the supra

·
Registered
262 Posts
No problem! Just remember any questions you have you'll find the answers here.:good:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On I do have a question my friend has the same year stang gt but silver and he was wondering MHS has a stage 2 cams that say you can put them in without replacing the valves, pistons, etc.. If that's true and he only wants to do that and he has headers with x pipe and cat back with, pi intake manifold swap, cai, TB.. What should he look at for an increase in hp and tq

1 - 20 of 25 Posts