Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a Naturally Aspirated engine Junkie. I need some recommendations on the trick flow (TF) intake manifold. I own a 97 GT Vert. Currently putting down 279 RWHP. I am interested in the TF track Heat. There are 2 versions. The single throttle body, and the twin. Which is better. The twin is attractive. What are the advantages, and will it help me break 300. At the wheels. Will I need to CAM up up? Here's my bolt ons:
-70mm TB
-PI 2004 GT Heads, new.
-Steeda CAI
-Stock 04 CAMS
-Clean Stock romeo block
-Comp Is estimated 10:1
-UPR/Aeromotive fuel system 8AN
-24 lb injectors.
-Drive train is set to handle major HO/Torque with mosers. Diff is reinforced.
-exhaust is already modded to excavate anything I throw at it.
-yeah, the chassis is reinforced too.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I'm a Naturally Aspirated engine Junkie. I need some recommendations on the trick flow (TF) intake manifold. I own a 97 GT Vert. Currently putting down 279 RWHP. I am interested in the TF track Heat. There are 2 versions. The single throttle body, and the twin. Which is better. The twin is attractive. What are the advantages, and will it help me break 300. At the wheels. Will I need to CAM up up? Here's my bolt ons:
-70mm TB
-PI 2004 GT Heads, new.
-Steeda CAI
-Stock 04 CAMS
-Clean Stock romeo block
-Comp Is estimated 10:1
-UPR/Aeromotive fuel system 8AN
-24 lb injectors.
-Drive train is set to handle major HO/Torque with mosers. Diff is reinforced.
-exhaust is already modded to excavate anything I throw at it.
-yeah, the chassis is reinforced too.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.
Actaully the best intake for the N/S combination is the Street intake. You will maintain more bottom end torque with it and still make the 20 hp gain over the PI intake. Yes you will need to cam up to make the power you are looking to make.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Actaully the best intake for the N/S combination is the Street intake. You will maintain more bottom end torque with it and still make the 20 hp gain over the PI intake. Yes you will need to cam up to make the power you are looking to make.
Street intake? Who makes that? I've never heard of it and tax time I maybe interested. Thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Actually the Track Heat intake from TrickFlow is said to add as much as 10hp and 10lbs of torque at about 1500 rpms over stock, on a NA motor!.. I've already researched it and was going to get one earlier this year!.. If you were to go FI then the twin TB opening would be better!... Other wise the twin and single will give you about the same hp increase!..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude, the street intake is the stock intake
That is a false statement. Our Street intake is no where close to being a stock intake.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Actually the Track Heat intake from TrickFlow is said to add as much as 10hp and 10lbs of torque at about 1500 rpms over stock, on a NA motor!.. I've already researched it and was going to get one earlier this year!.. If you were to go FI then the twin TB opening would be better!... Other wise the twin and single will give you about the same hp increase!..
The Track Heat intake is 20 HP better than stock and 10 ft bls. of torque better but that is at 3500 and above. The Street intake is 30 ft lbs. better in torque than the Track Heat throughout the entire RPM range and still maintains the 20hp gain. Actually we saw very little difference between the twin TB and the single no matter if it was N/A or FI.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have a bullitt so i have the mani that tf intake on my car i put down 297 with intake exhuast and a tune so yea it makes power. i have the twin tb set up the open oval tb is for boost

·
Registered
617 Posts
i have a bullitt so i have the mani that tf intake on my car i put down 297 with intake exhuast and a tune so yea it makes power. i have the twin tb set up the open oval tb is for boost
Im confused do you have a stock bullitt Intake or the trick flow intake? If so which trick flow intake? Thanks just I treated in your numbers and all. Thanks. My 02 has full exhaust and CAI and 5spd and I'm looking to put down a little more HP too.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
runvsofthisbull said:
Im confused do you have a stock bullitt Intake or the trick flow intake? If so which trick flow intake? Thanks just I treated in your numbers and all. Thanks. My 02 has full exhaust and CAI and 5spd and I'm looking to put down a little more HP too.
The street Trick Flow intake is based off the bullitt intake, which is what Soccerluvr was getting at earlier in the thread.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh Lord,

It's been 5 months since I last hooked up to my post. Sorry all. Looks like I'll have to cam up eventually. Current stock cams have about 5k on them along with some hard revs of course. I think I'll do the intake first by going with the TFS or keeping mine and tweak them some. not sure yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts