Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need input B4 spending the money, have a 2013 G.T., have 4:10 gears ready to go n, a one piece, and was thinking of upgrading my rear axles while being n there, why cause I have a boss 302 intake and plan on hoping engine performance as well. So my question is how much and how long can the stock axles last B4 any problems, also my wheels are ridiculously big I plan on reducing down to stock cause well what's on there won't be good and I'm not a fan of them too much chrome lol.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
2013's already have a reasonably strong 31 spline axle from the factory.
I wouldn't worry about the rear end too much unless the car was being used on a sticky track, on slicks, and had 7-800+ rwhp.... Even then, the spider gears in the differential will likely break before the axles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome stray ty so much, was searching and found this forum and had to ask I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for and u saved me roughly $300 that I can use on other upgrades, I'm not looking for a everyday race set up just in the end maybe around added up 620hp so not a lot just something to have fun with lol

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I would not install 4.10's whether you have a manual or auto. Especially an auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts