Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've got plenty of help from everyone and I'm thankful for it, but need help yet again there's a chrome tipped opening on the back on my engine on the driver side that hot hot air is pouring out of and making a noise that sounds kinda like a gasket being blow just a quick rushing air noise obviously because of the escaping air anyway I have no idea what it goes to i don't think it needs capped off because there was a small black hose laying back by it I'm going to up get some pics here soon to try to show u guys

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First 2 pics are just showing where it's at then the 3rd pic is the opening and the rubber line is laying back there it blew off again, and the 4th pic is where we tried to connect it

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
So if it's hot it's got to be exhaust.

Is that metal line coming off of this bigger line here in yellow?

image-4277468772.png

If so, that's your Exhaust Gas Recirculation hose. (EGR) I don't believe that rubber hose would connect directly to it. Their might have been a valve or sensor that connected there and that rubber line may also have connected to the valve or sensor that is missing. Your best bet would be to go to the parts counter at the dealer and try to hunt down pics of that EGR hose and see what was connected to it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it figured out thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts