Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hows everyone doin' on there? All I've been doing on that game is the drifting. I'm still stuck on the first round of tracks on Underground. Just can't win that Lap Knockout. :evil:

I got a 13,541 on a single drift on time. First track, all the way around on it. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
NFS: Underground is one of the cool games that I would actually buy if I didnt already beat the damn thing :( . I like the game though, lots of replay value. If you're still stuck on the first set of 4 races, then damn, maybe you should keep that foot off the brake and just gas it the whole time. Remember... you can knock those bastards into the wall/tree/oncoming car just like they can you :)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, see what happens is i get loose on one curve and slide right into a tree or a wall or I lose cause the Lancer is so slow I can't catch up even when I use the R2 trick.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What R2 trick?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
that game is sweet ive beetin several courses im ranked like 6th in every area.. im drivin a celica.. dom what do u have it for ps2 or xbox? and also what car u drivin right now? i wish they woulda put some american cars on it instead of all imports, o well its still sweet

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This doen't work on drag. Only on Auto. If you hold the R2 button down on PS2, the car goes faster.

I'm on PS2. At first I had a Dodge Neon, but traded for a Mitshubishi Lancer. Sypder Body Kit. White Vinyl. StreetGlow Logo on front windshield. JSP logo on rear. Flyte wing. Painted dark blue. On Six Shooter rims painted chrome. :headbang:

But for drifting I've been using my RX-7.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive had it a few days now. got a pimped out skyline with everything but the stage 3 nitrous. i think im getting close to the end because the races are really starting to suck!! why is it always you drive a perfect race and screw up at the very end of the last lap! i have thrown the controller a few times :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Dom, if you're asking advice on the game... the only advice I can give you is MODIFY your driving style. Having your R2 down may be causing you to go too fast, allowing your car to loose too much traction. Take your finger off man... you can win... I've beaten the game without R2... so it's possible.

184 Posts
Rellik said:
I beat the game without any "tricks" :wtf:

A suggestion... dont hit any trees. Modify your driving style and your driving line to win.

thats what i did as well.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
how do u people beat it... im far threw it but the races are getting really hard..is the game the exact same for ps2 as xbox?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got better. It was the Lancer. Started a new profile and bought a Neon. About stage 1 everything except the weight reduction, nitrous, and something else. I'm on the second set of four races. Just completed drift and drag and I'm calling it a night for that game. :D

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey dom I am just thinkin that If i had time to playa game i would play that (i have played it at my buddys house its ok) but I work 2 jobs and O yeah no game system. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
dam maybe the xbox version is hella easy but i had no trouble beating the game. only took me 3 days, 3 hours each night.i started with the civic, i used that tilkk the tiburon, souped up the tib, got a eclipse and souped up that until the rx7 came into play, changed to the rx7, then bought the Skyline, decided the skyline isnt stable enough at high speeds and went back to the rx7. i use the manual controls and its set to where i press up on the right stick to upshift, and press down to downshift, R1 is gas ans L` is brake. my favorite setup. my highest succesful droft to date is 78,000 but i was over 110,000 once but i just barely scratched a wall and it ended it, 1 1/2 laps of pure drifting motion. you need a car with rwd to drift properly, you can do it in a fwd but you need to use the handbrake when you turn to get it sideways. you also need to learn to play the game with a manual, thats why youre not winning. holding r2 just keeps it in the same gear for a ling time, right. just like a auto on gran turismo.besides with a manual you can get the cars with 6speed and 6speeds have better gear ratios and will fly by the competition.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts