Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so here's the deal I got $600 for Christmas to use on my car! The local stripe shop quoted me at $350 for stripes from bumper to bumper I definitely want stripes so post up some pics or give me some ideas also I'm getting my louvers installed for $125 at the local ford dealer I seriously can not install them myself there is way too many adhesive strips any help would be great thanks!!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The adhesive strip scoops are really easy imo. Take a look at mustangs via Google and pick a stripe set you like

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Ok guys so here's the deal I got $600 for Christmas to use on my car! The local stripe shop quoted me at $350 for stripes from bumper to bumper I definitely want stripes so post up some pics or give me some ideas also I'm getting my louvers installed for $125 at the local ford dealer I seriously can not install them myself there is way too many adhesive strips any help would be great thanks!!
Are you sure you want to pay $125 to get them installed.. I'd be more than happy to help you put them on at no charge..

That seems like a really good deal for stripes bumper to bumper! If that includes the vinyl that's a pretty solid deal.

·
Registered
809 Posts
i wouldn't pay to have someone put louvers on either... I put mine on no problem. You just need to find two common reference points and your all good. When you put them on, just peel the first inch or so of tape backing off. then you can lign them up and they will stick long enough for you to step back and check your work. Then just grab the little piece of backing that you pulled up and use it to pull off the rest of the backing. took me 30 min and Im super obsessive.

If your in Florida (im near Orlando) I will also be happy to help you. No charge of course.

Also wanted to add that a dealership is just going to eye ball them on there anyways. And if you think the mechanic cares as much as you would, your wrong. Best case they will use a lazer lever on the leading edge to make sure it is straight but that still doesn't mean there identically spaced front to back. I have a digital level if you really want to get crazy and would pull them out for you if you wish. Im telling you, you care much more about getting this done rite than anyone else, therefore you should do it yourself or have someone here help that will also care.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
i wouldn't pay to have someone put louvers on either... I put mine on no problem. You just need to find two common reference points and your all good. When you put them on, just peel the first inch or so of tape backing off. then you can lign them up and they will stick long enough for you to step back and check your work. Then just grab the little piece of backing that you pulled up and use it to pull off the rest of the backing. took me 30 min and Im super obsessive.

If your in Florida (im near Orlando) I will also be happy to help you. No charge of course.

Also wanted to add that a dealership is just going to eye ball them on there anyways. And if you think the mechanic cares as much as you would, your wrong. Best case they will use a lazer lever on the leading edge to make sure it is straight but that still doesn't mean there identically spaced front to back. I have a digital level if you really want to get crazy and would pull them out for you if you wish. Im telling you, you care much more about getting this done rite than anyone else, therefore you should do it yourself or have someone here help that will also care.

^+1 They completely eyeballed my freaking tape stripe and it's 1/4" off.

The offer still stands, Nick. I'd be more than happy to help you, and you know I'm extremely picky!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Yeah $125 is WAY more than I would pay. I've never installed them but it doesn't seem that hard. Trust yourself a little more and do it right yourself. You will never live with yourself if you pay them to do it and they come out lookin like crap.

·
Registered
526 Posts
$125 to "install" quarter louvers? Shoot, I'm on the wrong occupation!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

dgrum04 said:
$125 to "install" quarter louvers? Shoot, I'm on the wrong occupation!
In* sorry, it was a long night...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my dad is wanting everything "professionally installed" at all south autos ports they charge for 30 minute labor which is $37.50 which I'm guessing would be fore the louvers which would leave me just enough for a rear window louver and install

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well my dad is wanting everything "professionally installed" at all south autos ports they charge for 30 minute labor which is $37.50 which I'm guessing would be fore the louvers which would leave me just enough for a rear window louver and install
If they install them upside down, I'll laugh.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
rotf. uh i hope not. damn they are really easy to install fyi. i have done many sets and each one takes 15 min a side but its your money. In any case. Dont forget the pics when you are done. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
NicholasP said:
The stripes you can do yourself in like 3 hours just YouTube the video. Save that money for other mods

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dude, the scoops should not be installed by anyone other than you. I've done a few 3M applications to my Pony, and it's too easy. Just set it ever so lightly, and when it's where you want it, press hard. Don't waste 125bucks.

As for the stripes, I like them. I want to do matte black Le Mans stripes down the center of my pony. Just scared to do it myself. Tint and decals aren't my specialty.

Anybody have opinions on the matte black on gloss black look?

·
Registered
744 Posts
125$ to install window louvers? What a joke. Save yourself some cash and put them on yourself, it takes like 15-20 minutes...

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
The Puma said:
Dude, the scoops should not be installed by anyone other than you. I've done a few 3M applications to my Pony, and it's too easy. Just set it ever so lightly, and when it's where you want it, press hard. Don't waste 125bucks.

As for the stripes, I like them. I want to do matte black Le Mans stripes down the center of my pony. Just scared to do it myself. Tint and decals aren't my specialty.

I love the look and I plan on putting Matte black stripes on my car.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

That's what the GT500s run if you get stripes on a black. They look great with them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
stripes and add ons

stripes really add to your personality to the car, as far as addons like scoops they are pretty easy to do by yourself, larger ones just get someone to help you. just make sure your are spot on the location, once the tape hits the car it's there to stay. So if you are not sure you can do it, paying a pro maybe the best way to go. It might be worth the price.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts