Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I just got the brand new, completely rebuilt 4.6L 2V installed in my 99 GT yesterday. I fired it up lastnight for the break-in, but it idles like hell.. It wont stay idling without me tapping on the throttle. Idk if its a compiter thing or if I did something wrong. Please any info would help. This is a brand new engine and it should be running perfect rite?
Let me know if I left any needed info out, id be glad to fill you in.

Thank you.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes everything is plugged in.. I already checked for vaccum leaks..and I thought these 4.6's didnt hace an idle screw.. Where would it be located?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

And whats an IAC?

·
Registered
492 Posts
FORDGT14 said:
Is it possible that the computer just needs to re-learn how to idle the new engine? Or re-program?
As long as the cams are stock, it should be idling normally. The computer wouldn't need to learn anything. Something else is causing the problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like idle air control and/or throttle position sensor and just to be clear the idle screw isnot the same as the iac.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
02PONY said:
My f150 did same thing when I put new engine in it was the maf wasn't hooked up
Well I wont be able to start it again until i get a new water pump, the one thing i didnt replace went out. Just makes no sense to me

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

aegischief said:
As long as the cams are stock, it should be idling normally. The computer wouldn't need to learn anything. Something else is causing the problem.
Yeah it has stock cams

1 - 14 of 14 Posts