Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing "K" springs in 2012 gt brambo package.I undone it using the trick of lowering "A" arm with all nuts off from top.I got the strut completely off car but problem is the mount still came apart.The piece that sits on the spring has a plastic rotating assembly that is together.Problem is I have found 3 small BB size bearing balls.Might be another I haven't found but not sure.Question IS?? Where do they belong?? Please help if ya know

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now have 4 of the stainless size BB balls? ANYBODY???? Thanks thats all of them

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did they slip out that rotating piece? seems to rotate fine.I bet they did with the bind it was in on one corner doing the "A" arm thing.How can I put them back in??

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have no idea what your talking about, sorry. All I do know is that you'll regret putting all that back together and reusing those strut mounts. Be warned.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got GT 500 mounts brand new but cant use until I buy 05-10 koni.I have to reuse these for now

·
Registered
64 Posts
That round thing is a bearing. Pull on it and you'll see 5000 bearings.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's the upper strut mount bearing its a round plastic piece that sits between the 2 halves that's where the BBs came from make sure you put them back or it will make noise if you can't find all of them you can buy one from ford for 45 bucks. It comes as the whole upper strut mont not just the bearing but that's the only way to get it. If you want a pic I can get you one.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it all back together.Took apart cleaned very well and greased.Put it all back together.There may have been enough room for one more bb but it would have been tight.Think I will be ok till I put koni's and my gt500 mounts.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

On another note.With "K" spring drop and putting the camber bolt in the top whole now.......which way will the kicked out 45 degree angle washer adjuster most likely need to face.Toward motor or outward toward wheel??? Is it a ok idea to put it in now and tighten and it will be there when I go for alignment?? Need help with opinions on both those questions.Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
according to instructions not.Only if using 2 on same side.Both holes. Still need help on post # 10

SSC182.....Look at BMR site..... camber bolts and click PDF file on instruction. Says top hole when using 1 per side. BMR'solts also offer little more then say Eibach.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think all my questions are answered on AM.Looking under Eibach CB there pdf shows it the way I got it now.I am gonna tighten there and go with that till I get allighnment.Thanks and any input is still useful fellows.I do other side in morning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I work for ford and according to fords workshop manuals it's the bottom honestly it probably doesn't matter. If you look at the bottom of the strut there should be some marks which is where you grind the hole to in order to fit the cam bolt.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is what I put back together.Clean and snapped back tight and felt good.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Napoleon had the same issue, I know he managed to find all of those little bastards and put them back in. hopefully he will chime in soon
You might as well just stop now and order new struts and mounts, or go get a new mount from Ford. Mine blew apart like that, and even though I managed to get it back together and get all the bearings in(FYI it's supposed to look like its missing one or two) the mount has never been right. I'm just a few thousand miles down the road and it pops so loud my passengers can feel it in the seat.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

back n a stang said:
This is what I put back together.Clean and snapped back tight and felt good.
That looks right. Like I said though, you're on borrowed time. Start saving for those konis!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
You might as well just stop now and order new struts and mounts, or go get a new mount from Ford. Mine blew apart like that, and even though I managed to get it back together and get all the bearings in(FYI it's supposed to look like its missing one or two) the mount has never been right. I'm just a few thousand miles down the road and it pops so loud my passengers can feel it in the seat.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

That looks right. Like I said though, you're on borrowed time. Start saving for those konis!
Yup... My k-springs have been on for about ten months(DD).. Just started popping maybe 2 months ago or so on driver side.. Just trying to save up the $$ for some c/c plates and adjustable struts..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well got the "K" springs in,Camber bolts top hole,BMR relocation brackets,CHE LCA's.J&M PH bar all installed and back together.Gonna go for a test drive before I say more.LOL!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well took a 5mile trip.Thing rides like a dream.No noise not even from LCA,s.Gotta get some grease on the PHbar and get alighnment.I will post up pics soon as all done and cleaned.Very happy so far.I will be saving for the Koni's but for now perfect.A guy who was running same setup as me put Tekico in after 16,000 miles and the 500 mounts and said it groaned from the moment he drove off.Hmmm....I hear good and bad about S&S replacements.Probably need to save and buy the yellow adjustables.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's the gt500 mounts!! had them on my 08 and they popped and made clanking sounds from the day I installed them till about 20,000 miles when I traded the car in! I think it's because they are stiffer but wasnt sure! I know every bolt was tight and re checked dozens of times with no fix!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts