Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just completed a 1998 split port swap. Well i believe that I made a mistake concerning the flex-plate. I have a 1998 mustang with a 2001 engine, I thought it was a 2000 cause when I bought it from the junk yard with only 70,000 miles on the guy said it was a 2000. When I got the motor it didn't have a auto flex-plate it had a balancer. So he pulled one from the back for a 2000 engine. Well now I have really bad engine vibration. Only while in park and neutral goes away while driving. After reading and replacing mount still have the vibration. Come to find out its a 2001 engine when i looked at the balancer and no counter weight. So called them up said what I had to say. Believe it or not I believe that gave me the same damn flywheel. So before i drop the trans which is going to suck because because of the exhaust. Could someone please post a pic of the 2001 flex plate. thank you in advance. I have search the web only see manual flex plate and the same flex-plate I have but listed as a 1998 to 2004. I am so confused. I did get a tune.

Modd list to the car
Crower Cam
Morona Roller Rockers
4:10 gears
PATC 4R70W trans
TCI Torgue convertor
BBK Long Tubes

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have a 2001 engine. I'll try to get pics

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Well not really. I have an '02 or '03 engine I am dismantling but I don't know if it will have the same flex plate. The 01 engine is mounted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts