Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont want to mess this up so I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop in Orange county Cali, that can install the gauges for me.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
whered that other post go?? lol i just responded to it.

Can you get pictures of the guages and the wiring stuff... if you show me some pictures i can probably help you out. I just need to see what you're working with here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont have them yet, they are the custom gauges from speedhut though, they were the only place that I could find that had what I wanted.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
When they come in snap some pictures of the transformer, and all the ways that wires connect. If its anything like my guages were, all you really have to do is have a little patience and know where to tap into the parking lamp wire to give them power. If you can do this on your own you should be fine. I know the big brown wire is the wire that you'll want to tap on the headlight wiring assembly, and then youd just need to find a ground. With making sure that you dont pop the needles off, all you have to do is push down on the needle while you're sliding the guage under it. Please get me pictures when they come in because I'm pretty sure I can save you anywhere from 50-100 bucks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
what kind of guages are you wanting? Boost? Oil Temp? Exhaust temp?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
http://www.speedhut.com/el_detail.asp?catagory=FORD&auto_number=32&bhcp=1

these are the dials I'm getting ^ but not just the plain ones, I'm customizing them. I've read how to's on installation but the one I read says that the needles are the hard part because they dont always go back to the same postion when idle and that you can fry the needle wire when installing and it ruins them...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
OH, nm. i thought you meant boost guages and voltmeter and crap not overlays. cant help you there.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Like I said, patience is key. If youre gentle with them and take your time you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
its really easy. one of the easiest things ive ever done to my stang. right behind changing to cig lighter to billet :D

Just slide it on over the needles, dont remove them if at all possible. My gauges were one piece, so that prob makes them harder to get on than urs.

Like Zim said, the brown wire is the one u want connect to it, ground the other wire, and put ur dash back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts