Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas , I've been having a problem with surging idle in my 89 5.0 since I bought it about a month ago. I had several vacuum lines leaking and fixed those...I also changed IAC valve...seemed to fix it but always had trouble starting the car for the first time of the day...I had codes for check engine light so I got it checked and it pulled up throttle position sensor. Replaced it today and my idle was surging 900-3500 rpms any thoughts?

·
Registered
829 Posts
That's a serious surge. I've heard of guys having the problem, but a minor surge and they were able to solve it cleaning their mass air sensor. Not sure if it will help but it couldn't hurt. Hopefully someone else has had similar and can chime in. Do you have all stick mass air parts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
2 things, I would either clean out or replace your EGR valve and replace your PCV valve. I had similar problems and after doing that, it helped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I'm changing timing chain and water pump cause timing chain is loose

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I'm hoping that's causing timing to be off and help..also I replaces EGR ..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok timing chain in...wasn't as hard as I thought..cars Definitely running better but I think the throttle Position sensor I bought is bad because when I unplug it the car runs and drives perfect now...I'm going to get a new tp Tomorrow and see what happens....I will keep you updated...thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok just replaced Throttle position sensor For the second time is still running rough maybe it runs rough for a while after changing it so I'm going to take it for a ride and see what happens... If that don't work I'm going to disconnect my battery and reset the computer and hopefully that will help any ...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Same thing happened on my 96 vert i changed the EGR valve and EGR sensor and it fixed the problem. 10,000 miles later still no problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry guys been so busy with work...car is running good now but there is 2 noises I can't figure out...trying to post you YouTube when I do I will send the link..thanks again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts