Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the upper control arm installed but not fully tightened just yet. The lower control arm is bolted to the body of the car but i cant get it to line up with the bolt hole on the axle. The axle must have shifted cuz its a couple inches off. Any one have any ideas, advice, or instructions. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You need a extra set of hands to push the axle in the correct position to line in back up

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
when Robostang & I did this (we helped each other with both cars) we had the car in the air on jack points and did one side at a time holding the rear end up some with a jack.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did mine on a hoist which is so much easier but I also had problems lining up the control arms. Big pry bar and an extra hand helped.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you have the pumpkin of the axle on the jack then you should be fine what I did when changing the upper arm I took one side of the shock off to give more playing room and you have to push the axle but remember to also twist so it's gonna take some muscle . Hope this helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the upper torque arms there is a cut out there where you can use a pry bar on to twist the rear different to help line up the bolt holes

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
On the upper torque arms there is a cut out there where you can use a pry bar on to twist the rear different to help line up the bolt holes

Hey good to know when i do mine

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And noticed the differential shifting the direction i needed it to. Then put a second jack under lower control arm of first side and jacked til the holes lined up

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Thanks for all the help. Greatly appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts