Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I went over a speed bump and something happened to something by the tire (you can see in the pictures, idk the name of the part) but has this happened to you before? How much was the part to fix it and what is the part called? I don't want to go to a local shop/pepboys because I know they're gonna want $250+ to fix it and I'd rather just fix it myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
That is a sway bar end link. They are about 20 bucks or so a piece at local part stores and depending on how hard it is to take the old one off are about 25 mins to replace. I recommend replacing both sides at the same time. They are obviously weakened and adding a new stiff one will increase the likelihood of the other one breaking

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. That really helped me out! And I think I'm going to do what you said and get the other one replaced. It looks like the previous owner didn't bother to get new ones so I'm dealing with it. But hey, any excuse to work on the Stang is good enough for me!

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Say I were to take it to a shop , don't you think they would over charge for something this simple?

·
Registered
502 Posts
No problem. Also after you get the new ones on climb under and grab the sway bar and try to wiggle or move it. If there's movement in the sway bar then your bushings will also need replacement

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Yea most shops would. I find it better to figure out what needs to be done and then go to a few shops to get prices. They can't over charge to much if you know what your talking about

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well armed with this new knowledge I'm just going to low ball them. If that doesn't work then me and my buddy will tackle it ourselves.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if you ever have a rusted end link just cut it in half and knock the bottom through with a hammer if it just doesn't drop on it's own

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Get Polly urethane end links

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Nvm looks like u already did :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts