Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, it seems like you know your stuff so i thought i would come to you with a problem i just had.

I was going around a corner in 1st gear, brought the car up to around 4,000 and then shifted very quickly to 2nd gear. The car didn't catch in 2nd and just revved up. I felt like a newbie, and just figured i missed the gear... but much to my dismay when i tried to go to 2nd it wouldn't. It also would not go into neutral...or reverse. The clutch engages from a stop still and starts the car off just like normal. The car drives and feels like normal in 1st... there is just no other gears. The first to second motion now feels way to light (like it isn't even connected or doing anything anymore). I am in anguish over my stupidity. Please help bring some closure to this bad night as soon as possible. I hurt my baby.

-Reed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did i screw up the 2nd gear syncro? Will the tranny have to be replaced... if so how much is that? Holy Crap i just f*kd myself over.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
you may have messed up the syncro, how many miles does the car have? Im not sure if it is your problem, sounds like it is, a new tranny can be bought for 1200-1500 depending on what you want.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
If I was you I'd carry it to a transmission shop around you and get them to diagnose it for you ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, brought it to a local performance shop/ tranny shop... they are trying to figure it out now. They guessed it was a bent shift fork. Damages so far: $256.27 for tranny removal and diagnosis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagnosis: Broken Shift Fork, and a couple worn items replaced while transmission is removed...
Total cost of repair by Wendland Performance: $650.70
Lesson learned: Don't miss a shift.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's not too bad for a tranny shop. I've seen worse anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts