Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you uninstall the stock front grille for the 2013 mustang gt. in a couple of weeks im getting the black bullit style grille from American muscle. I want to see if i can get some tips before i do this install. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
How do you uninstall the stock front grille for the 2013 mustang gt. in a couple of weeks im getting the black bullit style grille from American muscle. I want to see if i can get some tips before i do this install. Thanks in advance for your help.
You yank it out as hard as you can. No joke.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
RedBeast,

There's 2 different ways to do this install. You can take the bumper off and push the taps out gently. However this is very time consuming! Since most grilles come with new tabs, it's very common just to use force to pull the grille out. Check out at 50 Seconds of this video (The rest of the video doesn't apply do you since it's a different grille): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5KMaT4yMI

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMDanBailer said:
RedBeast,

There's 2 different ways to do this install. You can take the bumper off and push the taps out gently. However this is very time consuming! Since most grilles come with new tabs, it's very common just to use force to pull the grille out. Check out at 50 Seconds of this video (The rest of the video doesn't apply do you since it's a different grille): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5KMaT4yMI

-Dan
Thanks Dan very helpful. You guys at AM are they best i have ever seen for customer questions and service.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
RedBeast,

-Dan
I am thinking about installing the 13 boss grill and use my factory fog lights, can i instal them without taking the bumper off as well??

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
McQueen said:
I am thinking about installing the 13 boss grill and use my factory fog lights, can i instal them without taking the bumper off as well??
Dude your car is gonna be a boss. Gt 500 and 5.0 all in one lol.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

redbeast0712 said:
If i was driven and seen your car i would be confused on what the hell it is.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Haha i will never put a badge other that 5.0 or gt on my car but i am taking all the styles i like from each and making my own without over doing it lol,

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
McQueen said:
Haha i will never put a badge other that 5.0 or gt on my car but i am taking all the styles i like from each and making my own without over doing it lol,
Im the same way would never put anything else on it then what the car is. But thats tight though. Damn it i love that exhaust you got!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:

If I took off my 5.0 badges and did the C stripe people would think I had a boss. They already do quite a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you going to sell your stock 13 gt grille? I'm up here in Canada and our GT's get stuck with the ugly V6 grille because of running light issues and transport Canada. Long story short I'm looking to get a different grille.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nichg said:
Are you going to sell your stock 13 gt grille? I'm up here in Canada and our GT's get stuck with the ugly V6 grille because of running light issues and transport Canada. Long story short I'm looking to get a different grille.
Curious, what is the running light issue? That is a travesty in my opinion, the grill has a lot to do with this car's looks

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:
Curious, what is the running light issue? That is a travesty in my opinion, the grill has a lot to do with this car's looks
Running lights are such a stupid thing. I am sorry for anyone with a car with them.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yea i will sell it, and i will give u a good price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ya I was freaking upset when I went to my dealer to pick my car up and it had the wrong grille. Word is that for 2014 transport Canada is going to allow the grille mounted Fog lights again but for now it's a no go. No way I was waiting that long for my stang so I just bit the bullet on that one. And I totally agree it completely changes the look of our cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my Canadian GT; i bought an original '13 GT grille including the fog lights and wiring harness from Starkey Industries. Maybe check them out as an option. I haven't installed it yet, and I'll have to figure out how to wire it up so that I can use the new grille mounted lights independently from the lower valence fog lights.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did that come with a black grille surround? Cause I hate the chrome. What did you do for your lower grille as the honey comb pattern will be different?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts