Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 3.8 mustang and I wanna do work 2 it I don't wanna drop a v8 in it can some one give me any advice? PLLZZZZ

·
Registered
128 Posts
Simplest question here:

How much money do you have/want to spend?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Go to supersixmotorsports.com and read up or e-mail them. You can build up the engine and get a blower or turbo put in.
Best advice is to pay a visit to the best Mustang only shop in your area and get some advice. That same shop will be doing the tuning also, start a relationship of some kind.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
For parts go to mr Kyle (ESG-642T) he has everything you need at a good price and quality definently on par with SSM

(rob that's the same Kyle I was telling you about in the pm's for when you have the time and dine to play :D)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm wantn it 2 haul I got money but I wanna keep the v6 n it

You need a dollar amount, I mean I have apple stock and have been working since I was 16 but I wouldn't dump 100,000 into my mustang.

Anyway, as far as a mustang shop and building a relationship I've never seen a mustang shop that knows much about the v6 (other than VMP)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You need a dollar amount, I mean I have apple stock and have been working since I was 16 but I wouldn't dump 100,000 into my mustang.

Anyway, as far as a mustang shop and building a relationship I've never seen a mustang shop that knows much about the v6 (other than VMP)
My shop here in Northern Virginia dyno tuned my V6. They are the best at what they do. My dyno numbers blew VMP's out of the water comparing identical motor & mods. People haul their cars up here from Florida & elsewhere all the time. It's in Manassas Virginia. The shop is called Excessive Motorsport. Very nice crew over there.
I recommend just getting a CAI, catback or dual exhaust, & underdrive pulleys. Get a dyno tune and you'll be very pleased with all the performance brought out onto the SCT tuner.
Add a set of gears to that and you'll be able to move around respectfully. Like a whole other car, lovin' it!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What are your numbers and what are your mods
The numbers on my dyno sheet & a copy of it is listed here on the forum somewhere in a Sticky.
The mods I had on the day of dyno tune were- CAI, underdrive pulleys, and a catback.
I gained 25 horsepower- I think The HP was 150 and torque ?don't remember. I can download it onto this thread when i get home to my personal computer. I'm at work right now.
25 HP is huge considering what percentage that is of 125 which is were we started. 25 is what percentage of 125? like 21% increase or something, right?
I have since done A TON of more work to the car. Never stopss, right?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The numbers on my dyno sheet & a copy of it is listed here on the forum somewhere in a Sticky.
The mods I had on the day of dyno tune were- CAI, underdrive pulleys, and a catback.
I gained 25 horsepower- I think The HP was 150 and torque ?don't remember. I can download it onto this thread when i get home to my personal computer. I'm at work right now.
25 HP is huge considering what percentage that is of 125 which is were we started. 25 is what percentage of 125? like 21% increase or something, right?
I have since done A TON of more work to the car. Never stopss, right?
Different forum but here ya go
Sn-95 3.8L Dyno Sheets Thread - MustangForums.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts