Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my brake lights are staying on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that it has been raining all day but also my traction lights are saying they're off.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
All of a sudden my brake lights are staying on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that it has been raining all day but also my traction lights are saying they're off.
I assume it has happened even after taking the key out and restarting?

I know once when I started with wheels turned and immediate turned rapidly, my advanced trac lit up saying there was an error... I think wheel speed sensors (possibly abs) didn't register or calibrate...

Perhaps water has jacked with the sensors on yours?

My car was fine the next day.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I guess I'll unplug the battery tonight to avoid it getting drained.
Hmmm. So my brake lights didn't stay on after my key was removed... And the alarm set.

I think disconnecting the battery for a while sounds like a good start... But it sounds like something is shorting out... Almost like the parking lamp is engaged.

I have to assume you don't leave it in auto lamp control?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Seems that whatever the short was it is now fixed, it does smell burnt inside.
Yikes.... You must have something exposed and water indeed shorted it out... Take that in to the dealer!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... It keeps doing it. After the car sits for a while the brake lights come on again on their own.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well... It keeps doing it. After the car sits for a while the brake lights come on again on their own.
Dry outside? If it is only the brake lights... How do the brakes feel? Is it possible that you have a brake fluid leak causing the pedal position to sink ... I have no idea but perhaps a loss of brake pressure could cause the brake pedal's position to cross a threshold and activating the lights?

Either way, I'd get it into a dealership tomorrow.

Still sounds like something could be shorting out though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Maybe a bad relay or brake switch... Just get checked out big guy, no biggie ur all good thats what warentee is for...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fixed!!!! Woot woot! I found the circuit breaker and somehow it's good now.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Thank you all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts