Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys this is what's happening I'm getting squeaking like the Alt is going bad so I had some one in the car rev it no squel but when the car is first turned off it sounds like somthing is still spinning for a few seconds it's coming from alternator water pump area and now my cars going stupid it's reving up so hard it's like trying to brake torque its self it's not throwing any codes checked the alternator and battery with a tester it says alt is putting out low volts but it's still charging fine because it has no trouble starting any body got ideals

·
Registered
470 Posts
Try changing the water pump i had a weird noise coming from what seemed to be the alt and turned out to be the water pump. Mine wasn't revving it self just a noise , goodluck

·
Registered
470 Posts
I did mine in like half or little less. It was annoying getting off i had to beat it with a screw driver and hammer. Buy some antifreeze to top of after.

Oh yeah. I also didn't remove alt before doing it and hada rough time trying to get around it just take it off before hand a lot easier

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My opinion change the idler pulley.....common thing that goes bad first

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thats was i did and was still there. Then changed out alt and still there then i listened to it good and decided water pump and there was my problem
True you have done it and found the problem on yours however op is looking for his so that's y i suggested this first cause everyones problems are diff as well as solutions

·
Registered
470 Posts
True you have done it and found the problem on yours however op is looking for his so that's y i suggested this first cause everyones problems are diff as well as solutions
Oh no. I wasnt don't try it i was just explaining what I went threw i have a clip of the sound but i have to upload to youtube first right?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oh no. I wasnt don't try it i was just explaining what I went threw i have a clip of the sound but i have to upload to youtube first right?
No u can upload it by forum as well. Or photobucket and share link

1 - 11 of 11 Posts