Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been hearing noises with my rear end still.. When I accelerate it makes a low whine in the rear.. And also when I brake and then push the gas again it makes a creaking noise in the rear.. I changed the rear diff fluid and added the friction modifier.. I had jiffy lube do it.. Changing the fluid didnt make the noise go away like I thought it would.. Anyone have had this happen to them before? It's a 99 gt auto btw

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's coming from the rear end? Or maybe a wheel? I had something similar and it turned out to be my wheel bearing
Yeah the whine and creaking are both coming from the rear end.. On acceleration it whines, and it also creaks when I'm braking.. It's been going on for a while but I wana take care of it because I hate when I feel something is wrong with my car lol..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
So I've been hearing noises with my rear end still.. When I accelerate it makes a low whine in the rear.. And also when I brake and then push the gas again it makes a creaking noise in the rear.. I changed the rear diff fluid and added the friction modifier.. I had jiffy lube do it.. Changing the fluid didnt make the noise go away like I thought it would.. Anyone have had this happen to them before? It's a 99 gt auto btw
Both are normal. i have creaking noises in my rear end and I hear it better when I hit my car and the started after my install of axles and differential. The whining is your gears, the depth of the pinion and final gear that they have connecting each other sometimes create a whining noise worse than other cars or maybe become worse due to more friction with each other making them dig into each other a little or rub onto each other more than normal. Not really a bad thing. Just normal wear and tear usually it goes away or you just get used to it. The creaking that your experiencing isn't bad either I suspect it's either a creaking control arm or something with your rear abs. I know what your talking about and I have the same thing that happens to me for over 20,000 miles and nothing has happened to my rear end.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both are normal. i have creaking noises in my rear end and I hear it better when I hit my car and the started after my install of axles and differential. The whining is your gears, the depth of the pinion and final gear that they have connecting each other sometimes create a whining noise worse than other cars or maybe become worse due to more friction with each other making them dig into each other a little or rub onto each other more than normal. Not really a bad thing. Just normal wear and tear usually it goes away or you just get used to it. The creaking that your experiencing isn't bad either I suspect it's either a creaking control arm or something with your rear abs. I know what your talking about and I have the same thing that happens to me for over 20,000 miles and nothing has happened to my rear end.
A co worker of mine said the whine could be from me having an aftermarket stereo and having a bad ground.. It whines as I accelerate and stops when I let off.. He said it sounds like its coming back form the rear but it's actually from the speakers in the back.. Idk if that's true or not.. But as for the creaking, it could be a lca? Is that why my take offs might be forever to get up?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A co worker of mine said the whine could be from me having an aftermarket stereo and having a bad ground.. It whines as I accelerate and stops when I let off.. He said it sounds like its coming back form the rear but it's actually from the speakers in the back.. Idk if that's true or not.. But as for the creaking, it could be a lca? Is that why my take offs might be forever to get up?
I've had a whine noise come from my speakers to before it was more of a different pitch of noise than from my rear end. If it sound more like a hum than a whine probably a bad ground. And no I just know that control arms mostly aftermarket control arms creak badly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks guys I feel alittle better now that's it not anything major.. I'll probably still get it checked out soon just in case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts